IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New if history cycles, we're about due for neo-McCarthyism
We may be about to dismantle the One party with Two Right Wings, wherein what used to be called 'moderate' has been relabelled 'liberal'. Dubya VS Gore (out of 280 million) may be the last such charade for a time (??)

If liberal still means - "open to new ideas" (one never knows what any particular person 'means' by blab words) - we have seen that conservative means too often - pandering to home-grown Fundamentalists; whatever it takes to keep their votes.

Even Cheney today, faced the question re "trading liberties for safety" and gave the only correct answer. It remains to find out what he 'means' re that, next.

We may see an actual Liberal (not 'moderate') facing an actual Conservative (not reactionary / Fundamentalist) in next elections, if we have them. "Tolerant of views differing from one's own", has a nice ring to it - to me at least - after so many years of calling that view Commyunist yada yada.

But then, it's Murica. If it ain't soon back to being the former America? Then.. never mind.

Ashton
The truth shall make you free.
But first it will piss you off.

Gloria Steinem
     Ashton you are a prophet of incredible accuracy - (Silverlock) - (31)
         As the neo-fascists come (no, oooooze) out of the woodwork - (jb4)
         Kind words but, many Knew such would be on agendas :[ - (Ashton) - (27)
             Ashton, What ARE you talking about? - (gtall) - (26)
                 I'm afraid I can't consider . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                     Brilliant - (wharris2) - (10)
                         Missile attacks, like terrorism . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                             Co-Resident Cheney on TV just now.. - (Ashton) - (8)
                                 It's a popular idea because . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                     More not-so-fuzzy math - (jb4) - (6)
                                         Lack of "Wow!" factor - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         And now for some downright bad math - (ben_tilly)
                                         Not quite so simple in practice. - (Another Scott)
                                         What kind of test? - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                             Re: What kind of test? - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 Re: What kind of test? - (Arkadiy)
                     All I Have To Say - (deSitter) - (5)
                         I can think of two better ways to deliver a bomb than Cessna - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                             Security through obscurity? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 I know. - (inthane-chan)
                         hey doc ot science question - (boxley) - (1)
                             Answered - (deSitter)
                 Ashcroft was sheer payback for losing to a dead guy - (boxley)
                 Ditto, I'm affraid... - (screamer)
                 He is an ex-senator. He lost. And I've seen him speak - (Ashton) - (5)
                     Re: He is an ex-senator. He lost. And I've seen him speak - (gtall) - (4)
                         Fair agreement. - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Fair agreement. - (gtall) - (2)
                                 Second that kind of bombing.. - (Ashton)
                                 Gerard: Any revised thoughts on Ashcroft's 'Libertarianism'? - (Ashton)
         if history cycles, we're about due for neo-McCarthyism -NT - (tablizer) - (1)
             Disagree, though some hope is required. - (Ashton)

I have neither space nor cash nor latitude to adorn my house with any more things with CPUs in them.
347 ms