IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm...I smell...GOAT!
From what I've heard recently, Rummy came to the Pentagon with an attitude as great and wide as all outdoors, and pissed off the career military, the Army in particular, bigtime. The career military has repaid his disdain by keeping open their channels to the press, and leaving an audit trail of their reservations and concerns about doing "Operation Desert Dream" on the cheap, and so critically predicated on best-case assumptions. Once the fan-flung feces start landing all around the room, your uniforms will start piling on (as in "many of the people whose fingers you crush on your way up the ladder will be there with a bad attitude to greet you on your way down"), and we may look for the Rumster suddenly to yearn to "spend more time with his family." The Shrub could actually benefit from his supporters' tacit awareness that he's dumber'n catshit, and hence not to be held accountable for trotting whichever way his wicked handlers pointed him.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Dowd on Rummy
'Swonnerful...
We're shocked that the enemy forces don't observe the rules of war. We're shocked that it's hard to tell civilians from combatants, and friends from foes. Adversaries use guerrilla tactics; they are irregulars; they take advantage of the hostile local weather and terrain; they refuse to stay in uniform. Golly, as our secretary of war likes to say, it's unfair.

Some of their soldiers are mere children. We know we have overwhelming, superior power, yet we can't use it all. We're stunned to discover that the local population treats our well-armed high-tech troops like invaders.

Why is all this a surprise again? I know our hawks avoided serving in Vietnam, but didn't they, like, read about it?

and:
Rummy was beginning to erase his fingerprints. "The war plan," he said, "is Tom Franks's war plan." Tommy, we hardly knew ye.

[link|http://nytimes.com/2003/03/30/opinion/30DOWD.html|http://nytimes.com/2...inion/30DOWD.html]

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
     Runsfeld ignored his generals - (Arkadiy) - (6)
         Oof, that sounds damning - (jake123)
         Hmmm...I smell...GOAT! - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Dowd on Rummy - (rcareaga)
         All over the press today - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
             Is that name Runsfeldt or Runsfazt ??? (just wanna know) -NT - (dmarker)
             rummy is liable to be capable of exactly that error - (boxley)

They done be drunk. What more could you ask for?
62 ms