IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, and you're free to disagree with The Constitution. :-)
Actually, you don't have to. It's not that there is a prohibition against private ownership of firearms, it's just that Amendment II doesn't speak to private ownership.

The only time this would ever come up is in the extraordinarily unlikely event that the Congress passes a law banning private ownership. Unless the USSC wanted to reverse the precedent of Miller and at least two other cases I can think of off the top of my head subsequent to Miller (an unlikely, but not impossible track for them to take), it would rule the private ownership ban Constitutional.

Then you'd have something to bitch about :-)
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New ...
I'm really not interested in debating about this right at the moment. My reason for not wanting Moore in the White House is because he and I (and, apparently, you and I) disagree on the meaning of the second amendment. That's all I was saying. I think it's best we leave the rest of this discussion for another day.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New I don't think we need another day, but thanks.
I've had this debate a bunch and I don't know if I've ever seen anyone change their position. The USSC interprets The Constitution, if you understand that, you understand that Amendment 2 is not about private ownership (here I leave out the typical argument that "if you can read..."). If you're a gun owner, you "will it" to apply to private ownership. No amount of reasoning will change anyone with such a view - it's an emotional issue with them, they hear some one wanting to take away one of their toys. Conversely, people familiar with the context and case law cannot accept that Amendment 2 applies to something that it doesn't. So, they too, are immoveable.

I wouldn't have gone this far except in these days when The Constitution is being shred willy-nilly and with barely a peep from the Murican People, my dander gets a little up when I see a reference to this old misrepresentation.

Enjoy shooting, or killing, or whatever trips your trigger.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Sheesh. /me is dumb
I completely misread the title of your post, which sorta changed the way I read the body of your post. Bad me, apologies to you, I shouldn't have been as abrupt as I was...

gah.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Me 2! Apologies!
bcnu,
Mikem

Michael Moore for President -NT - (andread) - (14)
         Not until he faces up... - (rcareaga) - (3)
             That's a crock - (jake123) - (1)
                 Re: That's a crock - (rcareaga)
             Not until he faces up - (boxley)
         No thanks. - (cwbrenn) - (9)
             Re: 2nd Amendment. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                 No, *I* am. - (cwbrenn) - (7)
                     USSC: Miller, 1939. Cited often, never reversed. qed. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         Good for them - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                             Yes, and you're free to disagree with The Constitution. :-) - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 ... - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                     I don't think we need another day, but thanks. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Sheesh. /me is dumb - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                     Me 2! Apologies! -NT - (mmoffitt)

Reno: Maybe you’ll win enough for a ticket to Vegas!
160 ms