IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In my case...
...the pacifism is not forced by external actors, so much as a combination of experience, genetics, and a bit of choice. Personally, I wish everyone was sickened by violence and hatred, but I agree with the thrust of the book that it's not something that can forced upon an individual.

Been years since I've viddied the book, though I did resee the movie not long ago. Kubrick did a good job with the movie, but I do think that it made the violence a bit too seductive in its brightness - almost like it went too far into Alex's perception.

Can't say that I've been forced or braiwashed... but it's possible that they did such a thorough job that I have no way to recollect my processing. :-)
New Understood...
Between that book/movie, Slaughterhouse Five, and The World According to Garp - we've pretty much covered my psyche as well. (Gotta throw in strong doses of Michener and Crichton for entertainment value....) You are absolutely correct that there will be a time for pacifism and reflection, there must. Unfortunately, this will have to wait. No matter what you (or I) make of the Christian bible, there is a bit of wisdom there that is worth the read, even if the goal is not to become Christian.

I guess that to the books I've listed up top, I might have to add Ecclesiastes 3:1 from the Old Testament.

"
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

As sick as this may sound, I'm slightly comforted by the idea that there is a time for war... and a time for peace. We're just gonna have to get through the time for war.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"Putting the fun back into funatic"
     They're blaming America on K5 - (marlowe) - (16)
         Haven't been there - (Fearless Freep) - (12)
             Just wanted people to know... - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                 Not you, not now - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     At this point my present overwhelming reaction - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         If they were capable of getting a grip... - (marlowe)
                 I didn't think you were over the line. - (marlowe)
                 Not a problem... - (ChrisR) - (4)
                     Yo, Alex! Moi droogie, are you aware of the message - (screamer) - (3)
                         In my case... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                             Understood... - (screamer)
                         No, Alex is not actually good. - (marlowe)
             Yes, much worse. - (marlowe)
             Much worse - (rsf)
         Not all of them. - (addison)
         Re: They're blaming America on K5 - (addison)
         K5 slant - (kmself)

I should have blown up.
57 ms