IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmmm.
I'm not insensitive to your feelings, more interested in them. And one thing I've found interesting among some of the GA pilots I've met is a "fear" akin to yours.

You write [emphasis mine]:

But the coalesence of all the things - fire, shredding, falling, being utterly out of control, extreme dismemberment...

More than one GA pilot has told me that they don't like flying commercial for that very reason. One summed it up, "The only place I like to sit in an airplane is in one of the two front seats, where I can reach the controls."

bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New shoot I was like that before 911
stuck as a passenger where all I could do was hope the front two were competent and awake. Takeoff no prob but eagle eyed the landing with a well done for a perfect 3 pointer on exit.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

To a lot of people in California hunting anything but the wild tofualope was equivelent to sacarificing babies to satan. S.M. Stirling
New Re: Hmmmm.
Terrorism works - but not with the people who matter.

I'm really pissed that I can't fly any more with enjoyment. One step at a time, my desire to move around is being removed.

Even more than flying, I just liked being on high places. I always wanted to live in a highrise - no more.

-drl
     Today was a very good day indeed. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
         Re: Today was a very good day indeed. - (deSitter) - (8)
             Who said anything about "commercial"? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 Re: Who said anything about "commercial"? - (deSitter) - (6)
                     Hmmmm. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         shoot I was like that before 911 - (boxley)
                         Re: Hmmmm. - (deSitter)
                     fear of flying, and a credo - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         Great quote. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             I hope to see it in LRPDland one day -NT - (rcareaga)
         I got my ticket - (tuberculosis) - (17)
             Was it always having to "dodge them" that changed you? <g> - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                 No, jumping is cheaper - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                     Yabut. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                         Dunno if this is the place to point out - - (Ashton)
                         Well actually - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                             If you've done this, you really have done my dream. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                 Sadly, no DC-3s - (tuberculosis)
                                 call era aviation in AK - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Thanks Box and Todd ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Re: If you've done this, you really have done my dream. - (rcareaga) - (7)
                                     Great Pics. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         Great Pic - (deSitter) - (3)
                                             Heh. I'm not that romantic. I just like the airplane :-) - (mmoffitt)
                                             So, got that off a .no site, didja? (Or was it a .dk one?) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 Knew you'd spot that! - (deSitter)
                                         Somewhere in the lore - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Amazon.com here I come - Thanks Ashton! -NT - (mmoffitt)

Given enough thrust, even pigs will fly.
165 ms