IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mwybe I'm misreading it but...
...according to paragraph 5:
(5) Any other portable electronic device that the operator of the aircraft has determined will not cause interference with the navigation or communication system of the aircraft on which it is to be used. [emphasis mine]

You, being a newly registered pilot and all (Congrats, BTW!) might understand this gobbledegook better than I; however, doesn't "operator of the aircraft" mean United, AA, Delta, et al?
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Also
That paragraph only comes into effect if the operator (which I too read to be the carrier) specifically makes the assessment. If the carrier does not make that exclusion, the FAA rule is actively enforceable.
~~~)-Steven----
New No, that's right
You, being a newly registered pilot and all (Congrats, BTW!) might understand this gobbledegook better than I; however, doesn't "operator of the aircraft" mean United, AA, Delta, et al?

Thanks.

Yes, it means the airlines themselves (we won't get into fractionals and charter and stuff).

So they have to certify that your cell phone won't disrupt anything.

In all conditions, phases of flight (or which ones its restricted to), etc.

Addison
     now can we use cell phones on planes since it doesnt affect - (boxley) - (12)
         Thought of this, too - (jb4)
         Its more than that. - (addison) - (9)
             Its not an FAA regulation it is an airline regulation - (boxley) - (8)
                 Yes, it is. (An FAA reg) - (addison) - (7)
                     pilots call not the FAA per 5c - (boxley) - (2)
                         Read Closer - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                             upon re read it is the operators call not FAA - (boxley)
                     Why that one? - (wharris2)
                     Mwybe I'm misreading it but... - (jb4) - (2)
                         Also - (Steven A S)
                         No, that's right - (addison)
         Bzzt - (gdaustin)

It is a weapon of mass distraction to keep us away from the real issues at hand.
207 ms