IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What is truly sad.
Every once in a while, less often now than a few years ago, you still can see people marching in Red Square carrying pictures of him.

Gives me pause anyway....
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Even worse: Apparently *more* often now...
...than a few years ago.

Finnish TV news reported, last night, that his popularity is *rising*; over half(*) the Russian people are now more or less positive to Stalin; only one in five is definitely against him.

(*): Did they say 65%, perhaps? Can't recall for sure.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New funny considering the old bassar
wasnt russian, didnt even start learning russian until he was 8 or 9 and didnt have much love for them the way he shovelled them into the camps ans the graves.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Re: funny considering the old bassar
The Russians have exhibited through much of their history an odd affection for their tyrants and a corresponding disdain for reformist rulers. But as to the nostalgia for Stalin, that seems perfectly easy to understand from the tribal/national standpoint: "Under Stalin we were respected. Under Stalin we were feared. Under Stalin we beat the Germans and left Hitler looking like six tins of catfood. Burnt catfood."

Nobody since then--not erratic, brave Khruschev, not smug, corrupt Brezhnev, not cerebral, ailing Andropov, pathetic Chernenko, idealistic Gorbachev, sottish Yeltsin, bland and bloodless Putin--none of them have come remotely close to possessing Stalin's psychopathic panache as a world leader, and to some mindsets that's worth a spot of repression, a few show trials and purges here, some mass starvation there.

It's interesting to speculate what would have become of the USSR had Stalin...oh, I don't know, died from eating a tin of tainted sardines or something in 1927. It's not that the other Bolshies of the period were touchy-feely kindsa guys, but there were at least a few capable contenders out there (sought out and exterminated over the next few years), and it's tough to see how they could have been any beastlier. Considering how malignant a spirit ruled over the USSR for most of its formative years, there is something very nearly poignant, and even noble, in the Soviet Union's attempts in its latter years to transcend that dark heritage.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New OT Viega
have you ever seen the flic "enemy at the gates" or read the book of the same name? The generation that survived that lot has a right to be proud.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

New Re: OT Viega
"That lot" being the Nazis shooting at them from the west or the Sovs shooting at them from the east? I recall reading once that of the cohort of Russian males aged between 14 and 20 on the day Germany invaded, just 3% remained alive on the day Germany surrendered. Something like 90% of German casualties in WWII were inflicted by the Red Army.

I saw the film; enjoyed it well enough. A couple of Russian teenagers of my acquaintance (raised on tales from a grandfather who drove a tank during the war) regard it with contempt, however, as Hollywood claptrap.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New I was a minder then later a friend
to a German man who was at stalingrad until the day before the last plane left. His descriptions were very much like the movie portrayed. I did check, he was there and got the million dollar wound, machinegun stitched his right arm and elbow. Couldnt drive or shoot.
thanx,
bill

New Nit: "capable contenders"
I'd say Trotsky and Buchkarin were more than just capable, they'd have been extraordinary.

bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New trotsky anyway

Stalin died 50 yrs. ago.._____and Prokofiev - (Ashton) - (10)
         I remember hearing about that while at JHS 64 In NYC. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
             What is truly sad. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                 Even worse: Apparently *more* often now... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                     funny considering the old bassar - (boxley) - (6)
                         Re: funny considering the old bassar - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             OT Viega - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Re: OT Viega - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                     I was a minder then later a friend - (boxley)
                             Nit: "capable contenders" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 trotsky anyway -NT - (boxley)

Deep down facial creases!
46 ms