IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That was sarcasm.
I mean, come on, comparing "Talk of the Nation" against "The Rush Limbaugh show?" At least one doesn't badger and stonewall its guests, unless things have changed since Ray Suarez stopped running it, AND actually invites honest debate and open discussion about the topics at hand.

Anybody else listen to the episode where Ray had the National Tobacco Institute guy on, and let him just hang himself instead of badgering him to death, as Mr Limbaugh would have done to Greenpeace, if he even let them on his show?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New :-) what about the Simmons interview? or the one our own
broomburg partook in? they shut him off very quickly. Of course it wasnt Talk of the Nation but it was NPR which is a decidedly liberal national network. I listem to it all the time, unfortunately most folks dont even know it is there.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Yeah, now I remember that.
I'd forgotten all about the broomberg incident, but never heard the Simmons interview, so I can't comment on that.

To be totally honest, I can't comment on the broomberg incident, having not heard that one either. :)

From what I've heard of talk radio, there's really two types: Interactive, and Entertaining. What most people think of "Conservative" talk radio is really "Entertaining" talk radio - an excuse to villify a bunch of people without giving them a chance to air their opposing viewpoint and actually have it debated. TotN, at least from my experiences back when I could listen to the radio during the day, actually gave both sides of the issue equal rope to hang themselves with, and then let them do the job themselves, instead of badgering them, making fun of them, and hanging up on them.

Now, if there was a general increase in "Interactive" talk radio - the TotN type - no matter WHICH "flavor" - Conservative or Liberal - I would be quite happy. Instead we have more of this polarizing bullshit "Entertainment" talk radio that basically serves to polarize the debate and generate ravening hordes of dittoheads who's basic argument is "We're right because you're a fucking idiot. You're a fucking idiot because our Great Leader said so."

And people wonder why our country is going to the shits.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New in general agreement about the 2 types
except for a minor point, who you let on to debate is as important as the nature of the debate. NPR refuses to allow Bill O'reilly on to debate the nature of his show. NPR allows a pro and an anti to do it by proxy. Somehow the anti NPR stance personalilty isnt always up to snuff. Cherry picking done as NPR seems to do is quite as obnoxious as the chucklehead version. To me the only decent talk show on any radio is phil hendry. (yes I know)
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New IIRC,Ashton posted about Gene Simmons+Terri Gross while ago.
New C'mon Bill...its not liberal...
...its "honest reporting".

Thats why the press has a right wing slant...cause if its conservative...its "right-wing"...but if its liberal...its "honest reporting".

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     remember the thread on liberal talk radio? update - (boxley) - (28)
         Yup. AF wrote "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" etc. -NT - (Another Scott)
         I hope so. - (Silverlock) - (2)
             This won't work. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Maybe it'll catch on with those wanting a laugh. -NT - (Silverlock)
         Huh? - (inthane-chan) - (7)
             shhh :) -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                 That was sarcasm. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                     :-) what about the Simmons interview? or the one our own - (boxley) - (4)
                         Yeah, now I remember that. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                             in general agreement about the 2 types - (boxley)
                             IIRC,Ashton posted about Gene Simmons+Terri Gross while ago. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         C'mon Bill...its not liberal... - (bepatient)
         One thing is apparent in this thread. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
             Er, I don't think the 6 of us are representative sample. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Perhaps not. ;-p - (mmoffitt)
             How typical. - (bepatient) - (1)
                 I didn't say you were stupid. - (mmoffitt)
             I had a liberal lady bite me on the ass one time - (boxley) - (10)
                 Most Emphatically WRONG! - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     :-)when the communities idea of safety is locking me up - (boxley) - (8)
                         Communities are People. ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                             Gotta agree with mike here. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 you mean I cant drink beer, urinate off the front porch - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Umm Bill ... *no*one* urinates off a front porch - (drewk)
                             I thought that was Soylent Green -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                                 MEAT HELMET! - (admin) - (2)
                                     Yes, you Can!___" I didn't think people ate those.." -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         But at least you can make it swallow the code. -NT - (admin)

A McFrankenstein creation of various elements not utilized by the home cook.
60 ms