IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Funny you should mention that
I know I have always promoted 2 - cat-5 and 1 - cat-3 to each room.

While the telephone wiring in this place is certainly more modern than in the old place, it could use a revamp as well. There's such a hodge-podge of runs that I just might do a few 4 outlet wall plates and combine things.

I'll have to think about that......
New what kind of construction do you have to contend with?
Wall materials, wood studs or metal or concrete? Ceilings, hung, rock on joists?
etc.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: what kind of construction do you have to contend with?
While I haven't looked too hard at the materials (still unpacking boxes and finding all my shite after almost 3 weeks), I'd say that it's drywall and wood studs above ground and cinder block below ground. Ceilings are assumed to be drywall as well and I have wood panelling in the family room.

Most areas are accessible from the basement or the attic (single floor rancher), but finding the right spots so as to not be to be near house wiring or the hot water radiators could be a challenge. Most rooms have at least 4 electrical outlets in them and I'll have to manuver around the baseboard radiators that take up at least one entire wall in each room. The family room has 2 radiators, so I've only got 2 walls left to work with.

I'm not expecting major problems. I just have to plan carefully as to placement of the wall plates.
New easy stuff if the crawl space is tall
Drill straight down to the subspace where the cable wont be obtrusive, stick a pencil in the hole so you can identify where it is underneath.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Best place / price for CAT 5 cable? - (n3jja) - (23)
         Maybe L-Com. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Don't think so. - (n3jja) - (6)
                 check out speedstream your house is already wired - (boxley) - (5)
                     Still don't think so. - (n3jja) - (4)
                         I see, depending on how many drops you want - (boxley) - (3)
                             That's an option.... - (n3jja) - (2)
                                 well wiring is dumb as sh*t but if you're like me - (boxley) - (1)
                                     True enough, but.... - (n3jja)
             Definitely not the cheapest - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 OT: typo in HTML of page for last link. - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Best place / price for CAT 5 cable? - (morganek) - (1)
             Agreed -NT - (folkert)
         Don't for get ... - (folkert) - (6)
             Phones can run on cat 5 tip and ring is only 2 wires -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Yessir... I know that.... - (folkert)
             Funny you should mention that - (n3jja) - (3)
                 what kind of construction do you have to contend with? - (boxley) - (2)
                     Re: what kind of construction do you have to contend with? - (n3jja) - (1)
                         easy stuff if the crawl space is tall - (boxley)
         You might seriously consider a good tester. - (tseliot) - (3)
             Coolio! -NT - (n3jja)
             the latest in easybob technology I like -NT - (boxley)
             That looks like one of the easier to use types. - (Andrew Grygus)

Denying simple readings of the process.
72 ms