IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is it foolish to think that justice will prevail?!
Perhaps, but since all the Judges have ruled that Microsoft has broken U.S. AntiTrust Laws, it seems only logical that Microsoft should have to face the music, if not in this country then abroad.

Will that happen next? Look how many surprises we've had so far. We all sorta thought MSFT would roll to an easy victory over an ineptly untechnical court system but it has not turned out that way to date. The courts seem to understand the stakes and have reacted appropriately, so far. Does anyone disagree?
New I goofed on that one . .
While reorganizing the editorials on my Web site, I glanced at [link|http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit005.html|
Tried, Guilty Sentenced]. On what the Supreme Court might do if Justice asked it to intervene, I marked "Send the case down to the appeals court" as "worst case".

In fact, that's what they did and it could hardly have been better. A libertarian leaning, pro-business court known to have favored Microsoft in the past tried it with all 7 judges and unanimously upheld 8 counts of conviction for monopoly abuse, set aside the "tying" issue but told the DoJ how to win it if they chose to pursue it, and set-aside a somewhat tainted verdict while indicating even breakup was still on the table during retrial.

The big unknown now is the new judge. Not enough anti-trust track record to predict. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm betting Microsoft will manage to offend her right off at the start - imply she's unqualified, ignore her orders, submit in the wrong format, or some such.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Hmmm - I smell a good settlement - a done deal !!! - (dmarker2) - (10)
         I don't want this. - (admin) - (5)
             California and NY may not like it either. - (brettj) - (4)
                 Dream on.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Is it foolish to think that justice will prevail?! - (brettj) - (1)
                         I goofed on that one . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Under a microscope... - (jb4)
         I must agree with Admin - (warmachine) - (1)
             I didn't say structural change was needed. - (admin)
         Half-related - (wharris2) - (1)
             That's a weak area w/many conservatives - (tonytib)

The story is true.
222 ms