IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Details of plagarized British Dossier
"The article also talks about the odd situation with British intelligence agencies. They are actually pro-war, but object to the way the government is misleading the public to promote the war. This is why there have been a steady stream of leaks from said agencies that point out the flaws in the government case."

I understand this point. My case is that Bush admin are lying to us and I resent that. If they made a case that argued for our longterm survival, I would buy it a lot better than the bare faced deceptions or lies. But the reality is they can't state their real objectives because they are so selfish in terms of dominating the world's resurces & energy. So in one sense it becomes a catch-22 ...

1) We (US) want to dominate rather than risk being dominated (based on belief that someone will)
2) We can't admit that publicly to the world despite it being obvious to some
3) We need the support of our people & need to win over as many others as we can
4) We (US) have to do some bad deeds to achieve the dominance we require
5) We have to convince our people that what we are doing is really good else we will have another Vietnam political disaster on our hands as well as possibly failing to secure our dominance
6) World trade will help level the playing field in time, but without a dominant superpower to provide the umbrella of peace (our peace) we can't achieve free world trade (imagine a terrorist group being able tp blow up the main global undersea internet cables at a time world trade becomes dependant on them)

We live in challenging times

Doug Marker

New Yes, challenging times; somnolent 'publics', mostly.
And emerging is a certain commonality - in UK as well as US (and apparently the case re other 'supporting' Govts of lesser import): the prevailing public opinion on this matter is being ignored, or the questions asked by pollsters are manipulated to assure a "Support Our Troops" Red Herring answer.

My observation locally is, thus far there is little sign of an Interest in this entire matter: as large as the daily mundane interests, like shopping. Yes, the usual suspects are indeed organizing demonstrations - there always remains a possibility of a confluence of these, actually including an influx of Joe Sixpacks - but that is chimerical as always. Logic has nothing whatsoever to do with these hysterical machinations.

Few (in my local stat samples) have their heads around any deep thought that they are being manipulated via overt lies of the sort familiar in these threads.. (Yes I ask oblique non-inflammatory type questions, in an effort to extirpate this attitudinal 'answer', not 'debate').

At the now accelerating speed of W's cabal - I suspect the cruise missiles will fly before any such Large-enough public demonstrations could flag a few non-somnolent politicians, at last.

We're on autopilot now. Good Luck to us all. (We can bet that the looniest are preparing to Rapture-Out.. even harder. Watch The Skies! Bring on the ME Tribulations as God Wants\ufffd. Pope Ashcroft is Ready, in any case.)

Ashton
waiting for Patriot-II, the formal retirement of the US Constitution at 'HomeLand'. (Right next to La La Land) Probably without more than a small cluck from Congress, despite the Amer. Bar Assn's recent strong statement re the erosion of liberties.
     Details of plagarized British Dossier - (JayMehaffey) - (19)
         This is hilarious. - (Brandioch) - (16)
             Kinda like the Iraqi document of all their weapons? - (boxley) - (15)
                 Did you read the article? - (Brandioch) - (14)
                     Well if you say so, me I would dig a little into History - (boxley) - (13)
                         And the History is that their "dossier" was nothing..... - (Brandioch) - (12)
                             Okay then why is France and Germany so intent on invasion? - (boxley) - (10)
                                 I haven't seen the details of that plan yet. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                     Oh strawman of profound impotence - (boxley) - (8)
                                         Okay, here's what "strawman" means. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                             Define invasion - (boxley) - (6)
                                                 "1. Invade by force" - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                     and Sadaam Is going to allow all those - (boxley) - (4)
                                                         Sure...he'll probably greet them in person. - (bepatient)
                                                         It's called "reading". Try it sometime. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                             Self referencing for clarity is fine - (boxley)
                                                         Nope. Iraq says no. - (Another Scott)
                             Red Scare redux. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Details of plagarized British Dossier - (dmarker) - (1)
             Yes, challenging times; somnolent 'publics', mostly. - (Ashton)

I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do isn't very nice.
56 ms