IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thank you.
That makes sense. My client (of prior post's fame ;0) has told me many times that the 400 "always uses 100% of the processor, even if no jobs are running." I found that remarkable. The next time I'm in their shop, I'll try the commands you gave me. Thanks again.

bcnu,
Mikem
New maybe the throttling confused them?
The company I used to work for migrated from Wang VS to AS/400. On the Wang, if you were the only user, you got the full load. I noticed on the AS/400 that even if you were the only user, you never got the full capacity of the machine.

My guess is it works like that to make performance more "consistant" for the average user. On the Wang we'd get calls in the afternoon about slow performance, but never on the AS/400 - the performance drop wasn't as noticeable.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New I'm no expert...
...but I vaguely recall that OS/400 is Object based - probably implying that it has garbage collection like mechanisms. It's possible that the OS/400 tries to schedule such house-cleaning chores while nothing else is going on.
New RE: I'm no expert...
Yes, OS400 is object-based. It does do garbage collection
like activities, but it does so with or without workload.
     Processor utilization question. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
         RE: Processor utilization question - (slugbug) - (7)
             In a Solaris environment at 70% I am looking to replace - (boxley) - (2)
                 RE: In a Solaris environment at 70% I am looking to replace - (slugbug) - (1)
                     thanx for the insight, appreciated -NT - (boxley)
             Thank you. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 maybe the throttling confused them? - (SpiceWare)
                 I'm no expert... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     RE: I'm no expert... - (slugbug)

My, we are a grumpy bastard.
82 ms