IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: come on squeek, there is a perfectly good flame area
come on squeek, there is a perfectly good flame area

As Mr. Lincoln said, I'm sure it's the sort of thing that will be enjoyed by those who enjoy that sort of thing.

I have no problem with the existence of a padded-walled room for those with uncontrollable urges. Indeed, it seems an excellent administrative idea to give those folks a ghetto where they may act out in seclusion, without disturbing the rest of society. But I just can't see a reason to stoop that low, myself.

Rick Moen
rick@linuxmafia.com

If you lived here, you'd be $HOME already.
New My dear squeek
while you are snug in your warm hole (mmmm) enjoying your little nuggets gleaned from the excrement of dinosaurs, beware the fleas waiting about your eyes, arse and mouth seeking sustenance from your leavings. You will ingest such a flea one day giving you your fleating moment of flame.
thank you very much,
bill

will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"The Mafia was preferable to the state, because it survived by providing services people actually wanted"
Murray Rothbard
New Stoop - or just low all the time?
Because it seems like 1 in maybe 10 of your posts are flame-free.

You're just pissing off everyone else by flaming in the wrong forum.

Its that online etiquette thing I keep meaning to explain to you.

I think that it's extraordinarily important that we in computer science keep fun in computing. When it started out, it was an awful lot of fun. Of course, the paying customer got shafted every now and then, and after a while we began to take their complaints seriously. We began to feel as if we really were responsible for the successful, error-free perfect use of these machines. I don't think we are. I think we're responsible for stretching them, setting them off in new directions, and keeping fun in the house. I hope the field of computer science never loses its sense of fun. Above all, I hope we don't become missionaries. Don't feel as if you're Bible salesmen. The world has too many of those already. What you know about computing other people will learn. Don't feel as if the key to successful computing is only in your hands. What's in your hands, I think and hope, is intelligence: the ability to see the machine as more than when you were first led up to it, that you can make it more.

--Alan Perlis
New Re: Stoop - or just low all the time?
Because it seems like 1 in maybe 10 of your posts are flame-free.

Respect is earned, sonny. Your confusing of (merited) disrespect with flames is understandable: We'll explain this to you when you're older.

You're just pissing off everyone else by flaming in the wrong forum.

"Mommy, he forced me to misbehave!"

Rick Moen
rick@linuxmafia.com

New Boy you're a slow learner
You've only been on usenet - what since 1990 based on googling. And all that energy wasted on sci.skeptic....tsk tsk. I think the most boring of usenet forums. (You'd find my early stuff in net.singles around 1983 or so).

Have you still not learned where the flame forums are and what they're for?

I'm guessin youngsters like you plain missed your netiquette lessons although I did find one author mention you being elevated to global status in his killfile - I really do sympathize there - so little of what you write is worth the reading when mixed so liberally with gasoline and set alight.

Tip - flames - (what you are pleased to call your "well earned disrespect") are much more appreciated in the flames forum.

There will be more lessons as educational opportunities arise.

I think that it's extraordinarily important that we in computer science keep fun in computing. When it started out, it was an awful lot of fun. Of course, the paying customer got shafted every now and then, and after a while we began to take their complaints seriously. We began to feel as if we really were responsible for the successful, error-free perfect use of these machines. I don't think we are. I think we're responsible for stretching them, setting them off in new directions, and keeping fun in the house. I hope the field of computer science never loses its sense of fun. Above all, I hope we don't become missionaries. Don't feel as if you're Bible salesmen. The world has too many of those already. What you know about computing other people will learn. Don't feel as if the key to successful computing is only in your hands. What's in your hands, I think and hope, is intelligence: the ability to see the machine as more than when you were first led up to it, that you can make it more.

--Alan Perlis
New Re: Boy you're a slow learner
Todd, my lad --

So, now you're trying to not only do the ad-hominem crap and try to sound self-righteous about it, but are essaying some kinda whacko armchair-stalker shtick, too? Do you have absolutely no life?

And I'm sorry, but your feeble stab at tu-quoque lacks interest.

Rick Moen
rick@linuxmafia.com

The push to Advanced Server begins - (Andrew Grygus) - (117)
         Shrug. - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Not a solution for all . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 It's probably 99% - (kmself) - (3)
                     Of course it'll run fine on other distros . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         I have run into the same issues on support contracts - (boxley)
                         It's a free market - (kmself)
         Re: The push to Advanced Server begins - (rickmoen) - (84)
             Re: The push to Advanced Server begins - (Andrew Grygus) - (83)
                 Right on, Andrew. - (tseliot) - (22)
                     Oh great, here come the cheerleaders - (rickmoen) - (21)
                         come on Rick have you ever, never met a client - (boxley) - (4)
                             Re: come on Rick have you ever, never met a client - (rickmoen) - (3)
                                 Thanks, my point is customers will not stray from - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: Thanks, my point is customers will not stray from - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                         Sorry I think we are badly miscommunicating, forget it -NT - (boxley)
                         You're in an alternate reality - (tonytib) - (7)
                             Re: You're in an alternate reality - (rickmoen) - (3)
                                 No, you keep missing the point - (tonytib) - (1)
                                     Re: No, you keep missing the point - (rickmoen)
                                 How to intentionally miss a point (new thread) - (drewk)
                             Re: You're in an alternate reality - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 Vertical market vs horizontal - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Nice description. - (static)
                         Oh great, here comes the one-man-band. - (tseliot) - (7)
                             Re: Oh great, here comes the one-man-band. - (rickmoen) - (6)
                                 Will, should, doesn't matter. - (tseliot) - (5)
                                     Re: Will, should, doesn't matter. - (rickmoen) - (4)
                                         Small gain, indeed. - (tseliot) - (3)
                                             Re: Small gain, indeed. - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                                 Apology: - (tseliot) - (1)
                                                     Think nothing of it. - (rickmoen)
                 Re: The push to Advanced Server begins - (deSitter) - (59)
                     Software drive OS selection - (tuberculosis) - (58)
                         Total agreement - (tonytib) - (56)
                             Re: Total agreement - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                 Apple is backing away from Java - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Re: Apple is backing away from Java - (rickmoen)
                             The Software Desert - (Andrew Grygus) - (52)
                                 Re: The Software Desert - (rickmoen) - (51)
                                     It's people like you that do more harm than good - (tonytib) - (2)
                                         Re: It's people like you that do more harm than good - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                             Nope, you're a troll...or an idiot (can't read, can't answer -NT - (tonytib)
                                     LDAP? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                         Give it up, he hasn't learned to read yet -NT - (tonytib)
                                         Well I suppose you could always use Radius for CM - (boxley)
                                     Well, i's pretty evident . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (43)
                                         Re: Well, i's pretty evident . . - (rickmoen) - (42)
                                             Lemme second an opinion... - (bepatient) - (33)
                                                 Re: Lemme second an opinion... - (rickmoen) - (32)
                                                     Generally it is safe to presume . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                                                         Re: Generally it is safe to presume . . . - (rickmoen) - (17)
                                                             It's the height of arrogance . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (16)
                                                                 Re: It's the height of arrogance . . - (rickmoen) - (15)
                                                                     Your ability to descend into absurdity is truly amazing! - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                                                                         Ow.... - (folkert) - (13)
                                                                             Re: Ow.... - (rickmoen) - (12)
                                                                                 Simple Question - (deSitter) - (11)
                                                                                     Remember to include - (imric)
                                                                                     ps. Of course - (imric)
                                                                                     call Andrew and get his -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                         OK - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                             Sorry, Desit asked for replacement of Great Plains - (boxley)
                                                                                     AppGen - (folkert) - (5)
                                                                                         Re: AppGen - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                                                             Yes... it does work. - (folkert)
                                                                                             Give the Gryg a call I am sure he would be willing to answer - (boxley)
                                                                                         Appgen Custom Suite . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                                             Yes... all three... - (folkert)
                                                     Damn, now ACT! is an OS??? - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                         Re: Damn, now ACT! is an OS??? - (rickmoen) - (11)
                                                             Figured as much. - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                 Re: Figured as much. - (rickmoen) - (9)
                                                                     You didn't? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                         With apologies... - (admin) - (3)
                                                                             Ahh, the good ole days - (boxley)
                                                                             Oh dear... - (bepatient)
                                                                             I have a bad feeling about that... - (static)
                                                                         Re: You didn't? - (rickmoen) - (3)
                                                                             Maybe my universal translator is broken. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: Maybe my universal translator is broken. - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                                                                     whatever -NT - (bepatient)
                                             Sorry buddy - can't stick with Windows . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                                 AppGen... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                     My Appgen experience is with . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         Yeah... that's the one... - (folkert)
                                                 Re: Sorry buddy - can't stick with Windows . . - (rickmoen)
                                                 Re: Sorry buddy - can't stick with Windows . . - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                     Appgen - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         Thanks... I could not have said it better... - (folkert)
                                     Did Andrew ask what you used? (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                         As to capitalism.. - (deSitter)
         The push to Advanced Workstation begins - (folkert) - (9)
             Yup, looks like Red Hat is responding to the outcry. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                 Re: Yup, looks like Red Hat is responding to the outcry. - (rickmoen) - (7)
                     come on squeek, there is a perfectly good flame area - (boxley) - (6)
                         Re: come on squeek, there is a perfectly good flame area - (rickmoen) - (5)
                             My dear squeek - (boxley)
                             Stoop - or just low all the time? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                 Re: Stoop - or just low all the time? - (rickmoen) - (2)
                                     Boy you're a slow learner - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                         Re: Boy you're a slow learner - (rickmoen)
         My 2 cents - (broomberg) - (15)
             That's why monopoly is so easy. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                 Disagree - (broomberg) - (7)
                     No, you cannot make a choice and move on. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Not worthy of a response - (broomberg)
                     I don't buy your arguement here Broom... - (folkert) - (3)
                         Yes you do - (broomberg) - (2)
                             What I mean by tweaking... - (folkert) - (1)
                                 See, we DO agree - (broomberg)
                     pragmatic vs logical decision - (boxley)
             Re: My 2 cents - (rickmoen) - (5)
                 Out of context - (broomberg) - (4)
                     Re: Out of context - (rickmoen) - (3)
                         Missed it again - (broomberg) - (2)
                             Now hang on a minit thar buddy... - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Sorry, this thread is dead - (broomberg)

Stop looking over your shoulder and invent something!
127 ms