IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice dig.
I like the way you subtly inject a disparagement of Gore.

[/sign]

Your spin,
No President has ever had any effect whatsoever on the economy.

My answer to your spin (just as intellectually honest),
Bullshit.
...rare is the dollar of corporate profits that bears a tax burden heavier than the burden on an employee's wages.
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/opinion/columns/kinsleymichael/|Michael Kinsley]
New So...
...you disagree. Great.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm not saying that the President doesn't have "any effect whatsoever"...just that their impact is relegated to very few aspects of the overall economy. Tax policy and spending are the major areas...and both of these things have an effect.

HOWEVER, neither of these things, alone or combined, will throw the cycle. Might lengthen an up, or slow a down...but it will not make an upcycle a downcycle.

And EVEN IF IT DID, then you are blaming the wrong guy...still...because the economy hit the skids under Clinton's last year in office. The only thing you can say about Bush's policies are that they are continuing Clinton's final legacy of killing the economy (which is not the point I think you are trying to make ;-) )
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New See response to box below
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=77515|This one]
...rare is the dollar of corporate profits that bears a tax burden heavier than the burden on an employee's wages.
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/opinion/columns/kinsleymichael/|Michael Kinsley]
     The big dog rips Bush tax cuts - (Silverlock) - (41)
         He'd 8 years to do that fsck him and the gore he rode in on -NT - (boxley) - (20)
             8 years to do what? - (Silverlock) - (19)
                 Oh taking credit for stuff that wasnt his to claim? - (boxley) - (18)
                     Not him *taking* credit. I am assigning it. - (Silverlock) - (17)
                         well I am glad you are not in charge of economic policy :) - (boxley) - (16)
                             You disagree with the OMB. - (Silverlock) - (15)
                                 This source here will be fine from the OMB - (boxley) - (14)
                                     So the numbers used.... - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                         On your quote - (boxley) - (12)
                                             OK - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                                 Revisioning... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                     Nice dig. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         So... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             See response to box below - (Silverlock)
                                                 Of course he campaigned on the economy - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     "can't think of much else". - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                         WTF? - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             Jobs? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                 Proves my point NAFTA and GATT are still costing jobs -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                     *Shakes head* - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                         If I thought it would help I would get him one :-) - (boxley)
         Big dog? - (hnick) - (19)
             Opinion, entitled, etc. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 Yup. Agree to disagree. :) -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                     See everyone? - (Silverlock)
             ROFL! Clinton is a coward? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 What does W. have to do with Clinton's cowardice? -NT - (hnick) - (10)
                     Pot. Kettle. Black. - (jb4) - (9)
                         I prefer "People in glass houses throwing stones..." -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             OT: And the point of your sig is...?!? - (jb4)
                         Pot? Kettle? - (hnick) - (6)
                             Others made my point. However, I'm curious. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Did they? I must have missed it... - (hnick) - (4)
                                     I can't help it. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         can you imagine how much tail he gets? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                             Surreal self-cancelling mixture there, DeS. -NT - (Ashton)
                                             We All do. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Common ground? (or at least grind) - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Yes, I agree with you ! - (bepatient) - (1)
                     *Shock*___and while we're shaking hands atop the barricades - (Ashton)
                 choice not endowment -NT - (boxley)

I can say "where's the bathroom", "how much is that" and "those aren't my drugs" in 187 languages.
74 ms