IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ROFL! Clinton is a coward?
What do you call a guy who uses his Daddy's influence to get a cushy pilot job with the National Guard in order to avoid the draft and Viet Nam, then can't even do that! And goes awol 1/2 way through?.

New What does W. have to do with Clinton's cowardice?
New Pot. Kettle. Black.

jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
New I prefer "People in glass houses throwing stones..."
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New OT: And the point of your sig is...?!?
Oh, I get it...! Irony!

(ROFL!)
jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
New Pot? Kettle?
I introduced no such comparisions. Bush was brought up by Mike as a "Well, somebody else is worse" arguement.
I believe the arguement to be without merit.
I maintained that Clinton was a coward. It was not a relative statement. It did not in any way depend on anybody elses behaviour.
I am not in any way defending or promoting Bush. He has nothing to do with the discussion.
So where does the pot and kettle come in?
New Others made my point. However, I'm curious.
Exactly who are these "real people" with "real solutions" you're talking about? Surely not Dumbya.

And when, exactly, did it become a "bad idea" to have a smart guy in the White House? You're sick of hearing how smart Clinton is? Well, you've got his successor to thank for that. If Dubya wasn't such a bumbling, coked-out, boozed-out moron then the contrast would not appear so stark.
New Did they? I must have missed it...
The whole of your content, as far as I can see, is describing how rotten Bush is/was. Bush never entered into the descussion. It was a statement to Silverlock about Clinton's cowardice. This is not a relative thing. Nobody said anything about being more or less cowardly than sombody else.

I never said ANYTHING about supporting or recommending Bush.

I also never said it was a 'bad thing' to have somebody with smarts in the oval office. Intelligence is not sufficient in itself. To paraphrase sombody or other, Abe Lincoln possibly: Mr. Clinton is a very smart man. I had a wonderful, very smart chemistry professor. The professor should not have been President of the Unites States. Neither should have Mr. Clinton...

As Ashton correctly pointed out, there needs to be a lot of work on the selection system before we are likely to get somebody halfway decent in office. The system seems to favor slime, and one brand of slime is no better than the other. (the last is my opinion only, I don't recall Ashton saying that.)
New I can't help it.
WTF is it w/YOU everybody else with Clinton? He was too far to the right for me, but then so is everybody in US politics.

Can you give me one explicit example of Clinton acting "cowardly"?

I'm personally sick of the rants about Clinton. The Right hated Clinton because he was a Republican who could appeal to the masses. He was a better Republican than the current gang of criminal neo-fascists could ever hope to be. And they didn't like it. (ot: how many convicted criminals, like Elliot Abrahms, are serving in the White House now? Under Clinton: Zero.)

And I'll presume you don't really have in mind any "real people" with "real ideas", since you didn't answer that question.

Your posts in this thread make you sound like YAN Clinton hater who cannot really come up with any reason not to say, "Ya know, he was a pretty good President" and instead spew out the same drivel we all heard for nearly the entire 8 years he was in office.
New can you imagine how much tail he gets?
Clinton could have been like Secretariat and spent the rest of his life fucking and running around in a fenced-in area - prison. But thank God, that didn't happen. I sort of miss him.
-drl
New Surreal self-cancelling mixture there, DeS.
New We All do.
     The big dog rips Bush tax cuts - (Silverlock) - (41)
         He'd 8 years to do that fsck him and the gore he rode in on -NT - (boxley) - (20)
             8 years to do what? - (Silverlock) - (19)
                 Oh taking credit for stuff that wasnt his to claim? - (boxley) - (18)
                     Not him *taking* credit. I am assigning it. - (Silverlock) - (17)
                         well I am glad you are not in charge of economic policy :) - (boxley) - (16)
                             You disagree with the OMB. - (Silverlock) - (15)
                                 This source here will be fine from the OMB - (boxley) - (14)
                                     So the numbers used.... - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                         On your quote - (boxley) - (12)
                                             OK - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                                 Revisioning... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                     Nice dig. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         So... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             See response to box below - (Silverlock)
                                                 Of course he campaigned on the economy - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     "can't think of much else". - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                         WTF? - (boxley) - (4)
                                                             Jobs? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                 Proves my point NAFTA and GATT are still costing jobs -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                     *Shakes head* - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                         If I thought it would help I would get him one :-) - (boxley)
         Big dog? - (hnick) - (19)
             Opinion, entitled, etc. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 Yup. Agree to disagree. :) -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                     See everyone? - (Silverlock)
             ROFL! Clinton is a coward? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 What does W. have to do with Clinton's cowardice? -NT - (hnick) - (10)
                     Pot. Kettle. Black. - (jb4) - (9)
                         I prefer "People in glass houses throwing stones..." -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             OT: And the point of your sig is...?!? - (jb4)
                         Pot? Kettle? - (hnick) - (6)
                             Others made my point. However, I'm curious. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Did they? I must have missed it... - (hnick) - (4)
                                     I can't help it. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         can you imagine how much tail he gets? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                             Surreal self-cancelling mixture there, DeS. -NT - (Ashton)
                                             We All do. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Common ground? (or at least grind) - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Yes, I agree with you ! - (bepatient) - (1)
                     *Shock*___and while we're shaking hands atop the barricades - (Ashton)
                 choice not endowment -NT - (boxley)

Whoze Kewl, whoze tepid and whoze nonexistent.
210 ms