IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting from 2 directions
1) I've been trying to convince friends and family that better times are close, in spite of the Republicans, who I expect will receive a just retribution and will slink back into their pits for the next 50 or so years

2) I was thinking about Bill and his success yesterday while building a W2K server. I once *hated* Windows primarily because it was bloated - to me, bloat meant that the development target was out of control. Well, Bill was right about bloatware - that hardware improvements would erase most of the bad effects of bloat. I really did not forsee how good hardware would become back in say 1996, my most strident anti-MS days. And, believe it or not, whoever runs Windows development seems to be hearing criticism - much more attention to standards and stability.

So, MS begins to seem like US Steel to me - a once very bad guy who is morphing into a typically slow-witted business leviathan, but one without explicit malice.
-drl
New Microsoft absent explicit malice?
You've got to be joking. Unless the quest for ownership of all means of communication (as well as content control) is not in and of itself "explicit malice". They want no less I can assure you. And if we don't keep our guard up, that is precisely what they will get. Remember your Illych: "Own the press [today "means of communcation"] and you own the People."

I'd say that is pretty clearly "explicit malice".
New Microsoft has not changed.
Sure, they've improved their stability. But only because they'd be losing marketshare even faster to Linux if they didn't.

They still have bloated, insecure, unstable code.

They still want to OWN everything.

They STILL leverage their desktop monopoly.

Shall I continue?
New Have you forgotten..
Billy's Quest (#113?) to *own* the digital rights to every reproduction of the great art of the world? Bettmann Archives purchase ring any bells?

A man who believes that he Should buy and enforce \ufffd on such material (let alone a man who Can do so) - What Is He?

(And being autistic, what would be his umm 'motivation mechanism' to change any previous conceptions re Me/Everyone Else? His wife's dabbling in 'Foundations' [tax] [tax] ain't got nada to do with Billy's Conscience!?)

Nahhh, in Andy's immortal words,
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time. -- Andrew Grygus
New Ross, Who you crappin'?!?
Absent explicit malice?

These are the same people who, with proven explicit malice aforethought systematically knifed the baby, cut of the air supply, and stole other's IP in the unabashed, singelminded attempt to control allthings computational everywhere in the world.

And that to you is "absent explicit malice"? Puh-LEEEEZE!!!

(I'll just have to chalk this up to a temporary lapse...we euphemistically refer to these nowadays as "Senior Moments". Take your pill, now Ross; you'll feel better very soon....)
jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
New On second thought, nice trolling Ross.
     As much as I dislike aspects of Badman Bill, he is - (dmarker) - (10)
         When the price of Windows halves every 2 years,... - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             much like the mafia, his system appears to work - (boxley)
             I still say - (orion) - (1)
                 Not one chance in hell - (Andrew Grygus)
         Interesting from 2 directions - (deSitter) - (5)
             Microsoft absent explicit malice? - (mmoffitt)
             Microsoft has not changed. - (Brandioch)
             Have you forgotten.. - (Ashton)
             Ross, Who you crappin'?!? - (jb4)
             On second thought, nice trolling Ross. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Safety is our first concern! Actually, meat is our first concern, safety is second.
119 ms