I love it!

We didn't have those plastic playgrounds at McDonald's either, when you went to play it was at a park. No plastic, it was metal and wood and rubber. No tree bark or small rocks, it was either sand or dirt. We didn't have half the stuff you kids now have on a playground. No ball room full of lastic balls, no netting, no super slides, etc. We left our shoes on as well, and didn't take them off.

Computers were expensive, my father paid $500USD for a Commodore 64 and it had no hard drive! Just a funky tape recorder, and if you wanted to load a program you pressed play on the tape and then went to do something else for half an hour or so. Like eat dinner, play the Atari 2600 and move blocks around, or just read a book or watch network TV.

Yes we didn't have Cable TV, and when we did get Cable TV it was not digital and only had 36 channels. For pay-per-view we had to call it in on the phone, we couldn't order it on a remote control like you do.

I still remember doing a Control-K-D in Wordstar, you kids got it easy now with Wordperfect and Word for Windows. Back in the early 80's, unless you had a Macintosh from 1984 or later, you didn't have a GUI word processor, Windows didn't really catch on until after 1987. I still remember those Wordperfect for DOS keyboard templates that fit over the function keys. When someone pirated a copy, they photocopied the template and then cut it out of the paper. This was before modern copy protection.

We didn't have Audio CDs, we had 8-Track or Cassette tapes or a Record. The Record was a vinyl disc, usually black, and you had to have a special record player to play it. You couldn't copy it unless you had a tape recorder hooked up to your stereo, and then it was in casette format. But records and tapes were expensive, so we usually copied it off of the radio anyway. :)

We had Lego blocks, but the blocks didn't move, they didn't have Star Wars or Harry Potter themed bricks. Just regular bricks and we used our imagination to build stuff out of them.

We didn't have "Kiddie Credit Cards" when we turned 12, and nobody bought us a car or let us use their car. We had to ride a bicycle or work a job to earn enough money to buy a used car. Usually we bought one for under $500 that needs major repair work. You teenagers have it easy now, both Mom and Dad work, and either buy you a car or let you use one of theirs. We didn't have that when we grew up. We either worked a job to buy a car, or used the bus or walked or used a bicycle. I can remember walking for miles just to get a comic book, or a Slurpee and Nachoes from 7-11, I was in great shape when I did that.

Almost everything we got, we had to buy ourselves. We usually got an allowance, or worked a job, or did yard work, etc and then saved up the money. We also saved up the money from Christmas, our birthday, and other special events, and then used it to buy what we wanted. Like an Atari 2600, or a new 2600 game. I remember paying $39USD for Pacman for the 2600, and it was just one large Dot eating smaller dots and the Ghost Monsters flickered like crazy, so bad that you had to wear sunglasses.