IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Coupla things:
I am wondering if the irony is going to be lost on the Democrats trying to win the next Presidential election by a wide enough margin that the Rehnquist Five won't be allowed to select Dubya's successor.

According to news reports, Rehnquist is going to retire this year, probably in June. So it won't be the Rehnquist 5, it will be the Scalia 5 (all his dreams will be fulfilled). Expect another lapdog (ref. C. Thomas) as Rehn's replacement, all nicely confirmed by the Republican Senate.
It will be interesting to see if the Murican people (or at least a majority of them) are as dumb as I suspect they are. The proof will be if Dubya actually gets elected the next time around.

I tend to disagree. The majority of Murican people didn't vote, and I suspect will not vote this time :-(. So a Duh victory in 2004 won't prove anything, except that the Repo precinct captains are more adept at getting out the limited vote than their Democratic counterparts.

And a Bush victory in 2008 will prove what we've been saying all along....
jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
New A 2008 victory will mean:
Repeal of Article XXII of the tattered US Constitution

But then, most of the other articles are already sorta moot; what's one more?

:-\ufffd
New Wrong verb
"Repeal" (from Webster.com):
to rescind or annul by authoritative act; especially : to revoke or abrogate by legislative enactment

Although it may just be me, "repeal" seems to imply a postivie action, using informed consent, done with forethought after conscious (and conscientious) debate.

Article XXII will not be repealed in that way; it will simply be "suspended" by executive fiat.
jb4
"They lead. They don't manage. The carrot always wins over the stick. Ask your horse. You can lead your horse to water, but you can't manage him to drink."
Richard Kerr, United Technologies Corporation, 1990
New Naw.
Cheney will run, with Shrub as his running mate. Then he'll resign, seek nomination as V.P., and bizness as usual will continue.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the wise cannot see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
New Already covered
Repeal of Article XXII of the tattered US Constitution

There is no need to go to that kind of extreme. I've already heard mention of plans to bring the other Bush brother in to replace the current one.

So no need of repeal till 2012.

Jay
     Can Dubya's Campaign Strategy Work? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
         Confidence Men.... - (Simon_Jester)
         Matter of timing - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
             Reagan Residue. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 Can Ollie North be far behind? - (jb4) - (1)
                     Beatcha to That one... - (Ashton)
                 Yes, but. - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Re: Active war. - (mmoffitt)
         Coupla things: - (jb4) - (4)
             A 2008 victory will mean: - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Wrong verb - (jb4)
                 Naw. - (inthane-chan)
                 Already covered - (JayMehaffey)

I may have trouble bruising, but the above mentioned injuries left red areas.
40 ms