IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BUT, Ya can't format a *new* USB disk with Win2000 !!!
ya have to go to Win98 WinMe (otherwise I would get great pleasure trashing it).
Also if you wipe an existing disk you can't reallocate the a new partition table from Win2000.

However MS did see the value of putting this support back in WinXP but who wants that unless it is rammed down ones throat <grin>.

Cheers Doug

#1 qualified meaning
Expand Edited by dmarker Dec. 31, 2002, 08:26:50 PM EST
New if I had the choice over 98 and ME
I would pick 98, because 98 is more stable than ME ever will be, unless you get the right hardware combo with the right driver combo for Windows ME and applied every known workable service pack.

I'd even pick XP Home Edition over ME, any day of the week.

But that is just my opinion.

I run 98SE on my main workstation, and Windows 2000 Server on my server. No XP Pro yet, but my brother "Blkdmn" runs it and plays Everquest on it just fine, I help him configure it from time to time. My other brother "Tyroneshu" uses ME and likes it. His 2000 Server caught a virus, so when he went to reformat it, he went to ME, but he decided he didn't need a server anymore, just use the Peer to Peer networking in ME on all of his workstations. No more web and mail server, he has the pcupgrader.net domain name pointing to almost nothing now. With 2000 Server I had everything set up for him. I told him to install an AntiVirus program and not use Outlook, but noooooo, a Klez virus was somehow emailed to him or something like it and it wiped out his install. Eudora is free now, and has ads to pay for it, Mozilla mail is nice as well. But oh well, live and learn.

For an Alternative Nearly To Imitate IWETHEY please visit [link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|the ANTIIWETHEY Board]
providing an alternative to IWETHEY since December 2002
     Firewire disk on Mac - (dmarker) - (5)
         Can also boot off of an iPod - (tjsinclair)
         Yep - they rock - I carry around 200 CD's on one. - (tuberculosis)
         Windows ME? Trash that POS! -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
             BUT, Ya can't format a *new* USB disk with Win2000 !!! - (dmarker) - (1)
                 if I had the choice over 98 and ME - (orion)

You're typing on a device that stores trillions of pieces of data and makes billions of computations per second with the ability to grab data on almost anything from around the world in milliseconds, using electricity transmitted from hundreds of kilometers through wires on towers dozens of meters tall connected to megastructures that do things like burn coal as fast as entire trains can pull into the yard, or spin in the wind with blades the size of jumbo jets, or the like, which were delivered to their location by vehicles with computer-timed engines burning a fuel that was pumped up halfway around the world from up to half a dozen kilometers underground and locked into complex strata (through wells drilled by diamond-lined bores that can be remote-control steered as they go), shipped around the world in tankers with volumes the size of large city blocks and the height of apartment complexes, run through complex chemical processes in unimaginable quantities, distributed nationwide and sold to you at a corner store for $1.80 a gallon, which you then pay for with a little piece of microchipped plastic, if not a smartphone, which does all of the aforementioned computer stuff but in a box the size of your hand that tolerates getting beaten up in your pocket all day.

But technology never seems to advance...

34 ms