IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does the router need wireless card's serial number?
Alex

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."\t-- Mark Twain
New Router is a linux box
and I turned off the security on the network. Not really paranoid.

I have several other things to try...but first will check the stack per box's suggestion.

First XPerience. Not liking it. I've got 95, 98, and 2k and a half dozen different linux installs to work with this setup in a combined total of about 10 minutes.

2 hours with XP and still no joy. So...bag the wireless for now...plug it in and see if I can get it working that way...then back to the wireless setup.

Entry in dictionary next to PITA....Bill Gate's latest OS.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New XP = 'Extra Pain' (sometimes 'Extreme Pain')
You can't get XP Home Edition to talk to FacetWin or a Samba server because the EnablePlainTextPassword parameter doesn't actually work.

I understand some people have gotten Home to work with a Samba server set up just right with encrypted passwords, so I gues I'm going to have to learn to implement that. Of course, if you've got a domain controller or Active Directory, Home is out of the question.

Nor will Home work with certain Cleint Server database applications on NT or 2000 servers, even though there's no domain.

Of course, everyone who buys a notebook computer gets it with Home, then brings it to work and expects it to function fully on their network. This is just another of Microsoft's schemes to sell two copies of Windows for every computer.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: XP = 'Extra Pain' (sometimes 'Extreme Pain')
A multiboot computer on every desktop! It's my vision!

The expanded directories of driver packages are getting comical. 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP.

Let's see if we can list them in order:

1) Windows 1.0 - the only usable program was "Clock".

2) Windows 2.0 - the only usable program was "Clock", but you could have a game of "Reversi" partially obscure the clock.

3) Windows 3.0 - sorry 3.1 - this is a famous Microsoft trick - they sell people broken stuff and then fix it almost immediately, a tactic that occurs over and over again.

"Clock" is better than ever - big grey letters for testing that new video driver acceleration and graphi- oh oh, the clock stopped.

4) Windows 4.0 - 95 - oops! It's broken, sorry! We made 95b just for you! See how reponsive tech support is?

For some strange reason, Microsoft decides to cede the "Clock" market to OS/2, reducing the app to a small afterthought in the bottom corner. For an extra fee, you can purchase the "Clock Migration Resource Kit" which transfers the license, code, and runtime libraries for the 3.1 "Clock" to your new installation. There is a special 16bit mode specifically made for backward "Clock" compatibility.

5) Meantime, in the colonies, we have...

Windows NT 1.0 - er - 3.1. Oops, darn it all! It's broken! Here's 3.51! See how responsive we are?

The main advantage of Windows NT 3.51 is that is can run a shitload of "Clocks", each in its own Windows 3.1 emulation mode - oh no, the clocks are all slowing down...hmmm.

Etc. etc.

Is two per desktop enough?

5) Windows
-drl
New email this post to BG ROFL!!!
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

You think that you can trust the government to look after your rights? ask an Indian
New Accessing SAMBA server is easy
set up encrypted passwords in SAMBA by using this lines in the smb.conf file:

encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd

then add each user onto the server with smbpasswd -a username password

I have this setup at home (with two firewalls between it and the outside world of course)
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
     So wtf am I doing wrong - (bepatient) - (12)
         can you ping localhost and local address? - (boxley)
         Does the router need wireless card's serial number? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             Router is a linux box - (bepatient) - (4)
                 XP = 'Extra Pain' (sometimes 'Extreme Pain') - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Re: XP = 'Extra Pain' (sometimes 'Extreme Pain') - (deSitter) - (1)
                         email this post to BG ROFL!!! -NT - (boxley)
                     Accessing SAMBA server is easy - (Steven A S)
         Re: So wtf am I doing wrong - (deSitter)
         You're using XP - that's what you're doing wrong. :-) -NT - (static)
         Re: So wtf am I doing wrong - (orion)
         Wait, I just had an idea - (orion)
         Re: So wtf am I doing wrong - (andread)

Hey... Pong. My parents played this game.
92 ms