Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Prisoner is uber cool
Man, that was a great show. A bit hard to follow, but great none the less. :D
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Especially as the US resembles The Village more every day +
Did anyone catch the Falk / Columbo 'movielet' in which Mc Goohan played the Commandant of a Military Academy? (It's about to be turned coed by a guy, the Spitting Image of a Dubya! == wastrel son of the previous 'owner'. McG offs him spectacularly.. etc.)

(Naturally I could relate to the subtleties - all done well - re. the 'cadets' and the enviro)

Methinks The Prisoner meant to be his 1984 and he was born to play the part - he truly comprehends the ovine nature of the populace within the 'rich' countries.. and the deviousness of the movers/power-besotted who keep the daily illusion-pot aboil. That it demands close attention to pick up the snide symbols - takes it beyond the sequential prose of Orwell et al.

One Kewl d0oD, McG
When the rich assemble to concern themselves with the business of the poor, it is called Charity. When the poor assemble to concern themselves with the business of the rich, it is called Anarchy.

-Paul Richards
     I am not a number, I am a free man! - (Yendor) - (11)
         I am leaving earlier than thought!!! - (folkert) - (3)
             You serious? - (Yendor) - (2)
                 Yeppers.... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Okie dokie - (Yendor)
         THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!!!! - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             You're quite welcome. :) -NT - (Yendor)
             The Prisoner is uber cool - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 Especially as the US resembles The Village more every day + - (Ashton)
         Please respond. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Yep - (Yendor) - (1)
                 same here - (SpiceWare)

Only Olaf Stapledon ever succeeded on this kind of scale, and Olaf Stapledon is dead.
44 ms