IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gawd, the Feds under Bush are incompetent! 9/11 was 2001.
Alex

"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."\t-- Ovid (43 B.C.-A.D. 18)
New Whaddya mean "under Bush"
Statement should read "The Feds are incompetent"

And, quite frankly, I was against the idea of federalizing airport security.

HOWEVER, while I think the TSA is still having growing pains...marked by serious lapses in communication with the airlines and airport authorities...they've actually increased the level of security at the airports...and gotten into a position and staffing level that allows them to now undertake projects like this at O'Hare.

In short, they're doing better than I expected. Surprise surprise surprise.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Now if we can just get them to re-regulate the industry...:)
New "under Bush" means he appointed the leadership of agencies.
Alex

"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."\t-- Ovid (43 B.C.-A.D. 18)
New So I should always preface...
...the historical idiocies of the federal government as the problem of the one man in charge at the time.

Nah...don't think so...its simply the federal government that's incompetent. Doesn't matter who is in charge.

Dunno what you think can be done by any government at any level in a timeframe that you would consider acceptable. Government doesn't move at that speed.

Expand Edited by bepatient Dec. 11, 2002, 04:56:33 PM EST
New Cool.
Does that mean that the next time you blame the failing of the government during the 1992-2000 era on the Clinton administration, I can point you at this post?[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]

"...the middle of fighting a war against religious extremism is not the time to do something offensive to God." - Some idiot.
New Sure.
No problem. I usually end up in those conversations because blame is assigned to a "side" anyway. (and with this group...the "side" blamed is pretty consistent). And my usual point is that its no better on the other "side"....bookmark away.

New Well with such munificent Impartiality,_____ [Admin]
given an irremediable inefficient Government, and given only One Party With Two Right Wings and little hope for an actual Second one -- I guess that this means we can dispense with any efforts to stir amidst the intermixed owl entrails.. to look for any minor differences, to embrace or excoriate.

Maybe you're right:

THE OFFICIAL ENDING OF ALL POLITICAL SPEECH
DUE TO MASSIVE INDIFFERENCE.

Signifying the earlier death of the Language by which it was formerly possible, and recognizing its utter irrelevance in a NEW Consumer Meeja Culture of Slogans.

I'll snort to that.

Why it's so.. so digitally Simple, it's gotta have universal appeal!

Scott - could we recycle the space for the Politics and Warz foribuses? BeeP has seen the error of our Wayz.
New Not quite.
In the absence of choice...its either/or....and I choose or for the most part. If its something that can be done by any means other than federal government...I will most likely choose those other means.

I think I might be the 4th party...maybe the 3rd if you count the first 2 as 1

New To be honest, I wanted to pull Marlowe's chain just a tad.
His man is in charge. Yes, I understand that the "civil service" rules make it damned difficult to make the bureaucrats do anything different from what (if anything) they've done in the past. Not all of them, to be sure. But a sufficient number to make it annoying.

Nonetheless, 9/11 was a motivator for a lot of change. What happened at O'Hare Airport, happened in Charlotte [link|http://are.berkeley.edu/APMP/pubs/i9news/fakeIDs031602.html|back in March:]
But after Sept. 11, the same fake numbers are increasingly tipping off security-conscious agencies looking to track down people in the country illegally.

After auditing employment records at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, the Immigration and Naturalization Service announced last week that it had identified more than 260 illegal immigrants. Among them: 65 indicted on charges of using false information to get access to secure areas.
Who does one blame when necessary changes don't happen?
Alex

New EZ: the Republicrats.. til there's a Real 2nd Party + $ ;-)
New That last q was rhetorical...yes?

New Yes, but fell free to answer. :)
Alex

New Same as always when there's blame ... the Other Guy(tm)
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New It is always someone else's fault.

New Re: "under Bush" means he appointed the leadership of agenci
As if that leadership, if competent, could control the subordinates sufficiently.

Unfortunately, the "leadership", as performance shows, has proven itself to be careless, incompetent, and inept.

(oh lord, forgive me for not being a hard-line right winger.)
     Security crackdown at Chicago airports - (marlowe) - (17)
         About Damn time. -NT - (folkert)
         Gawd, the Feds under Bush are incompetent! 9/11 was 2001. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (15)
             Whaddya mean "under Bush" - (bepatient) - (14)
                 Now if we can just get them to re-regulate the industry...:) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 "under Bush" means he appointed the leadership of agencies. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                     So I should always preface... - (bepatient) - (10)
                         Cool. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                             Sure. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Well with such munificent Impartiality,_____ [Admin] - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Not quite. - (bepatient)
                         To be honest, I wanted to pull Marlowe's chain just a tad. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                             EZ: the Republicrats.. til there's a Real 2nd Party + $ ;-) -NT - (Ashton)
                             That last q was rhetorical...yes? -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                                 Yes, but fell free to answer. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                     Same as always when there's blame ... the Other Guy(tm) -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                         It is always someone else's fault. -NT - (bepatient)
                     Re: "under Bush" means he appointed the leadership of agenci - (wharris2)

Could be fun to watch if the chairs aren't bolted down.
92 ms