IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looking again, I find this as an issue
in [link|http://groups.google.com/groups?q=csrss.exe+performance&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23kSS7A2b%24GA.279%40cppssbbsa05&rnum=1|NT4].

More on the [link|http://groups.google.com/groups?q=csrss.exe+fix&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23LEkgOoE%23GA.146%40uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net&rnum=4|NT problem]... This one says "The problem is a result of the user running a 16bit app and then disconnecting instead of logging off. To work around the problem you can use the kill.exe from the NT4.0 resource kit to kill the csrss.exe process. this DOES NOT kill it but does keep it
from using 100% of one cpu"

Hmm. 16 bit app. Are you sure that the same version of CA (or whatever you are using) on both machines?

Hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree, here...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Now, that looks promising.
Thank you very much for looking this up for me - I've got my hands full at the moment, but the KB article about "polling video memory" looks like it might be the nub of the problem. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to this for a few days. I'll continue looking on my own. Thank you!

New NP! *grin*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     CSRSS.EXE Problem. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
         Do you have webserver (ie IIS) running on only one box? - (tseliot) - (2)
             *SHUDDER* fix that! (eduted) - (folkert)
             Yikes! You mean I shouldn't have installed Nimda? - (mmoffitt)
         *scratch head* - (imric) - (5)
             They're not notebooks. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 Nope. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Looking again, I find this as an issue - (imric) - (2)
                         Now, that looks promising. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             NP! *grin* -NT - (imric)

Nothing like the smell of Nadsat in the morning!
107 ms