Fischer is like the great Russian Alekhine. The latter name is known to almost no one, but trust me, he was a great artist. Fischer's attacks are based on applied forces, in a very scientific way, building a pressure that usually resolves itself in a tactical flurry. This is like Alekhine, but not like him. In his best games Alekhine attacks *everywhere* - he sweeps across the board with interlocking tactics and strategy that is just beautiful. He often finishes with tactical crescendos that stun the reader. The entire game is attack, attack, attack - a single-minded aggression in chess that is reptilian. Fischer is often praised for his attacks, but that is not really Fischer, the tactical positional player. (There was a great American player Marshall, who was reknowned for aggressive play, to whom Fischer inevitably got compared. Trust me o reader - the attacks of Alekhine are from another level.)

Alekhine was a reprobate, but he was a magnificent chess player, and he lived for his game. But Fischer is just an asshole. Maybe he'll pull a Lasker and set me straight.

Anyway this is incoherent.