IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gullability Abounds.
So, if the costs of production (and labor is a cost of production) drops, the savings are shared with non-shareholding employees? On what planet? Do you really think that if tomorrow the mandatory employer contribution to your FICA taxes was dropped, that you'd see any gain on your paycheck? You can't be that naive. Technology has boosted productivity in the past 20 years. How much of those savings have been passed on to employees? Are we earning more in real wages? Have we kept our pay the same and started working fewer hours/week? Have lay-offs ended? Of course not. That is NOT the way American capitalism works. Any savings of any business are passed on almost exclusively to the shareholders, almost never to the wage slaves of the shareholders. Geesh! And I thought you were playing along at home.
New Yes, as with 'Doze pure Crap.. we're inured to the scam now.
New In most cases I'd agree
But when one of the options is 10-99 status and the negotiations are serious (as opposed to the usual situation where the employer ofers and the employee says "yes" more or less automaticaly) it can be a factor.

I've had contracts where the client explicitly offered me a higher rate if I'd take 10-99 status. (And in case the IRS is reading this, it was legitimate - the other 10-99 qualifications applied, I set the hours and working conditions, used my own equipment, and in every way was operating as an independant contractor.)
----
Whatever
     An (Ultra?)-Conservative Post from Mike. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
         A couple of changes - (boxley) - (3)
             Interesting. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 depends on the job and are you taking all allowable - (boxley) - (1)
                     Even with all that. - (mmoffitt)
         SS has morphed over the years. - (Another Scott)
         Disagree on at least one point. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             Because it is the EMPLOYER'S money, not the employee's. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Well, that's an arguable point - (mhuber) - (4)
                     Right on! - (a6l6e6x)
                     Gullability Abounds. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Yes, as with 'Doze pure Crap.. we're inured to the scam now. -NT - (Ashton)
                         In most cases I'd agree - (mhuber)
         need more and better SS taxes - (andread)

They done be drunk. What more could you ask for?
125 ms