IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting.
I was playing around with numbers for myself and it appears that in order to "take home" as much money as a 75K/year employee job would pay me, I need to have more than 90K/year in the door.
New depends on the job and are you taking all allowable
expenses? I used the flat rate per mile on the car, paid myself federal perdiem when out of town and used the allowances for my dedicated home office, telephone, insurance, supplies, equipment etc. all things I need as an employee but cannot write off.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
New Even with all that.
Given the same "gross" I do not take home nearly as much as I would as an employee. Then count other bene's like health insurance, paid vacations, and quickly you conclude that there are significant dis-incentives to hang your own shingle.

YMMV ;-)
Mikem
     An (Ultra?)-Conservative Post from Mike. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
         A couple of changes - (boxley) - (3)
             Interesting. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 depends on the job and are you taking all allowable - (boxley) - (1)
                     Even with all that. - (mmoffitt)
         SS has morphed over the years. - (Another Scott)
         Disagree on at least one point. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             Because it is the EMPLOYER'S money, not the employee's. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Well, that's an arguable point - (mhuber) - (4)
                     Right on! - (a6l6e6x)
                     Gullability Abounds. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Yes, as with 'Doze pure Crap.. we're inured to the scam now. -NT - (Ashton)
                         In most cases I'd agree - (mhuber)
         need more and better SS taxes - (andread)

That is not actually a charming anecdote!
46 ms