IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ah...
A basic difference is that I am emotionally neither Christian nor Jewish. Within the Christian mythology what you say makes sense, and within the Jewish it makes potential system. But since I don't accept the Mosaic Law either, it doesn't ring any bells for me.

As for redemption and forgiveness, I don't believe that we get what we deserve. We do what we do. We get what we get. There is correlation between the one and the other, but there are also factors beyond our control. And we start with a history about which we can do little.

The world has no respect for fairness. Justice is a human invention. We do what we can, as best as we can, then we pass on.

This is not a comfortable philosophy. It happens to be the only one that I can honestly own.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New I have a lot of respect for uncomfortable philo :)

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
     redemption read les miserable - (boxley) - (23)
         OT great now one button increases my post count by 2!!! -NT - (boxley)
         Just to supply the orthodox counterpoint - (tseliot) - (21)
             no gain no pain :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Sorry you feel that it needs to be earned by pain - (ben_tilly) - (19)
                 I think you misunderstood my thought. - (boxley) - (2)
                     Check who I was responding to - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         shoot and I have new glasses too! -NT - (boxley)
                 (un)raveling the threads - (tseliot) - (15)
                     I thought it was pretty straightforward - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                         Good link. - (static) - (3)
                             Ah. I am a character, aren't I? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Well, yes. - (static) - (1)
                                     That fits - (ben_tilly)
                         Suffering can provide clarity - (ChrisR) - (6)
                             Absolutely - (deSitter)
                             Re: Suffering can provide clarity - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                 Not sure - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     I've found useful a certain distinction between - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         I think it depends upon the point of view. - (Brandioch)
                             Inthane is right - we don't necessarily differ by that much - (ben_tilly)
                         Well, that wasn't the point. - (tseliot) - (2)
                             Ah... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 I have a lot of respect for uncomfortable philo :) -NT - (tseliot)

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
61 ms