IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm not sure that would make Paul frown.
I watched and listened to his sons. You know, Wellstone was a rarity in the past 20 years. From all accounts, he believed in traditional progressive, left-of-center government. I remember that he said he wouldn't run for a 3rd term, but that he had decided to because he did not want a Republican majority in the Senate. From what I've read, it was not an easy decision for him to make, but he did it out of a fear of how much more rapid our decline would be if the arm-band-wearing party had full control.

I was a little taken aback by what I saw, but after listening to his sons speak, and considering that Wellstone's own decision to run was more a decision to block a Republican majority than it was to stay a US Senator, perhaps he would have approved. I mean, from what I gather, his real fear was a Republican majority in the Senate. I believe he would be pleased immensely if that disaster was avoided. That's what I got from his kids, and who is anyone else to say different?

bcnu,
Mikem
New Unforuately...
and Wellstone's case proves it so well, there seems to has been a (fairly) recent move in politic to regard races at a national level rather than at the local level where they belong.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans in Wellstone's race have people pushing for the race to tilt one way or another not because of what they parties will do for that state but rather to the nation as a whole.

One side starts, then the other responds, escalating. Then the reverse.

What bothers me the most is that I see nothing but increased polarization of the parties in the near future.
New Huh???
What bothers me the most is that I see nothing but increased polarization of the parties in the near future.

And this would be bad how? Hell, I can't tell the difference between them now. If they don't "polarize" to some extent, voting is almost useless.

bcnu,
Mikem
     You know you're being tacky when a pro wrestler walks out - (marlowe) - (24)
         Yeah, I can't believe both parties in this... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             I'm not sure that would make Paul frown. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Unforuately... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     Huh??? - (mmoffitt)
         Truth stranger than fiction - (drewk)
         Awwww, did the poor widdle wrestler get offended? - (Silverlock) - (18)
             Right. - (bepatient) - (17)
                 What? - (Silverlock) - (16)
                     Excatly what it stated. - (bepatient) - (6)
                         Well, at least we agree on something - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             Don't think so.... - (bepatient)
                         But it wasn't a funeral. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             What tf ever. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 What gripes my ass. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Opinion noted. - (bepatient)
                     who's funeral was it and which senator? Puzzled, -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                         at a huge concert - (bepatient) - (7)
                             yep, benefit for the dead - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                 And? - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     No. - (Simon_Jester)
                                     Actually no. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                         Re: Actually no. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             Looks can be deceiving. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                 Alright. - (bepatient)

Oh, you've got an umbrella. You've got a purse.
93 ms