IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting comments.
We have an Indian programmer working on our code. I talk with him most days on ICQ.

I had some concerns about his experience and capability, but perhaps my standards are very high. Amongst other things, we have an extensive API of our own for manipulating the application data and building our web-based pages. Apparantly he had never see this done before... :-/

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Wince
we have an extensive API of our own for manipulating the application data and building our web-based pages. Apparantly he had never see this done before... :-/

Recipe for disaster, IMO, but then what do I know? (the only thing I know is how much I don't know. :=( :=)
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Which way?
The use of our own API, or that he seemed not to have seen this before?

Wade.

New Re: Which way?
The idea that the concept of an API would be foreign to anyone doing any sort of programming during the past ten or fifteen years.

Home-built API's, or libraries, or whatever your terminology is - well, you want to avoid duplicating someone else's work, but there's frequently room for your own layers. Curses is a standard Unix terminal library, but I'm not sure I'd want to use the bare-bones library.
New Yes, that's what I thought you meant. :-)
I remember writing against the Zortech Display library - a text-mode interface for writing to the screen for DOS programs. I quickly added an extra layer to make it easier to work with (ah... abstraction). And in one project I added another layer to give me some rudimentary overlapping windows. :-)

Wade

The rise and fall of job openings - (ben_tilly) - (16)
         Easy stuff maintenance mode - (boxley)
         Wow! - (deSitter)
         Java was "hot" - (broomberg) - (12)
             What an opening - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                 Don't forget... - (admin) - (4)
                     Yes but C++ encourages open source! - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Re: Yes but C++ encourages open source! - (deSitter) - (1)
                             long been that way - (boxley)
                     That's Hideous -NT - (deSitter)
             Java was "hot" (add outsourcing?) - (wharris2) - (5)
                 Interesting comments. - (static) - (4)
                     Wince - (wharris2) - (3)
                         Which way? - (static) - (2)
                             Re: Which way? - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 Yes, that's what I thought you meant. :-) - (static)
         Intersting graph... - (Simon_Jester)

How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you’re on.
151 ms