IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CL scripting, perhaps, or REXX?
When writing scripts in the PDM editor, you can prompt commands (F4), too...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New WDSC for iSeries
When you get a chance, check out WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries. You can design, code, debug, deploy to iSeries while not using the green screen tools anymore. The new tools are MUCH better -- particularly on the debugging side. Also, you can do legacy -- RPG, CL, etc -- with the same tools you can use to build C/C++, Java, Web Services, etc. You get remote prompting (F4) too. All in all a pretty slick set of tools.

Also, in the same toolbox is something called the WebFacing tool. It does a good job of morphing green screen apps to browser -- still running the code on the AS400 -- uses Apache and WebSphere app server on the IFS under the covers to do so.
New Oooh - no more WSG!
Though WSG was a great 'stupid AS/400 trick' to show management...

I'll check it out when I get the chance... I'm 'between contracts' at the moment though...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     The thread north of here makes for some questions - (boxley) - (9)
         Mainframe or '400? - (imric) - (7)
             hokay is there a book by chance? - (boxley) - (6)
                 least expensive route.... - (slugbug) - (1)
                     Thank you very much -NT - (boxley)
                 CL scripting, perhaps, or REXX? - (imric) - (2)
                     WDSC for iSeries - (slugbug) - (1)
                         Oooh - no more WSG! - (imric)
                 Two books I'd recommend - (kmself)
         MVS - (static)

In space no one can hear you babble.
68 ms