IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Civil War reunion story - de Sitter will probably like.
(From the Charlotte Observer humor column durinf the Great IWeThey outage)

The Blue and the Gray had a reunion at Gettysburg in the 1890s, and an old Southern colonel was finally prosperous enough again to attend.

Near the door, with a tin cup, was an elderly Yankee who was missing an eye, a leg and an arm. Each day when the colonel passed, he dropped a $10 gold piece into the cup.

The fourth time this happened, the Yankee said, "Sir, I can't help but remark upon what a kind, forgiving Christian gentleman you must be. You know that I once sought to take the lives of your countrymen, and probably am responsible for the deaths of at least a few of your comrades, yet you never pass without putting a generous gift in my cup. I am overwhelmed by your generosity and forgiveness."

"Oh, no suh, it's nothing like that," the colonel replied. "It's just that you're the first Yankee I've ever seen that was shot up to mah satisfaction."
Alex

"Resort is had to ridicule when reason is against us." -- Thomas Jefferson
New True Story
At the mumbledy-umpth reunion of the Gettysburg veterans (both sides), a heated argument broke out between an erstwhile Reb and Yank, both in their 80s, resulting in one being stabbed in the neck with a dinner fork and seriously injured. Imagine, in the blush of youth, facing massed muskets and double canister at close range, coming through unscathed, and then being killed by tableware.
-drl
     Civil War reunion story - de Sitter will probably like. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
         True Story - (deSitter)

There are 178 parent languages on our planet, with over 1000 dialects. It's amazing we communicate at all.
53 ms