IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If it makes you feel any better
I am not able to go either, and I have never been to that war not matter how much I wanted to go.

[link|http://www.houseofgames.biz|House Of Games] nearby me even sells those PVC swords and maces and daggers and stuff to use in the war. They make it themselves. "Mad Tony" runs it, in case anyone wonders what happened to him. Mad Tony plans to move his gaming store to Lingbergh and open up a computer store in November, he talked about hiring me. But my wife is against it, because she says she doesn't think he will have enough business to keep me employed there.

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|Kahn!!!]
New ROFL!
I take little comfort in having company in my trip down poverty lane, though - especially my friends!
those PVC swords and maces and daggers and stuff

I wish! It's actually rattan (solid bamboo) wrapped in duct tape...

Well - I hope we both have the option to go next year, anyway.. *smile*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Maybe next time
if we both get good jobs that allow us to take a vaction to the next war, I will see you there.

Bamboo wrapped up in duct tape? Nasty! I'll have to consider using that if I ever get into those games.

Wack wack wack wack, get out some agression and get in some exercise.

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|Kahn!!!]
New Worse than 'just' bamboo.
Bamboo implies a hollow, light material. Rattan is solid - we use it instead of other woods because it's resistant to splintering and breakage. Add to the rattan the weight of thrusting tips, tape, cross (or basket) hilts and you can think a sword as being about the size and weight of a softball bat. Without armor, these weapons are literally deadly. WITH armor, it's not unusual to accumulate some nasty bruises.

It's not as bad as it sounds, though. It is truly one of the most fun activities I've yet encountered... And it IS an excellent way to work out agression!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
Expand Edited by imric Aug. 7, 2002, 05:38:35 PM EDT
     Imric is very sad. - (imric) - (20)
         Sorry to hear that... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             Thanks... - (imric) - (2)
                 At least three of us. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     One day, when I once again have money - (imric)
         AHHHHH---HAH! - (folkert) - (1)
             Steel armor, usually - (imric)
         Freak! - (Silverlock) - (1)
             ROFL - (imric)
         I've been to two wars (XVI and XVIII). Great fun! - (rsteiner) - (7)
             Next time you go, - (imric) - (6)
                 Migawd - thought for a minute this was a pic of - (Ashton) - (1)
                     *chuckle* - (imric)
                 I shall do that. - (rsteiner) - (3)
                     *bow* - (imric) - (2)
                         LRPD sayeth "Ni!" :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             The one I got: - (admin)
         If it makes you feel any better - (orion) - (3)
             ROFL! - (imric) - (2)
                 Maybe next time - (orion) - (1)
                     Worse than 'just' bamboo. - (imric)

Maybe this is what seafood will do in a thousand years.
103 ms