IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It can always be worse.
You've actually got it pretty good right now. Yes, you really do. You need to recognize that.

You've got a family. You've got a home. Your wife has a job and your family has some income from her job and your unemployment benefits. You've got training in a field where you can make a living to support yourself in a job you like. You've got work experience in your field. You can learn new skills. Lots of people don't have some or any of that.

For example, my mother is 500 miles away. She's 64, unemployed, has no medical insurance, has a car with 325k miles on it that is totally worn out and won't stay on the road, her electricity and gas are going to be turned off soon due to nonpayment, she was in an auto accident last week and did $500 in damage to someone else's motorcycle, had her licence confiscated by the State Patrol due to lack of car insurance, and is now in the hospital because she had a stroke a few hours after the accident.

(She never told me about the situation she was in, so all of this hit me like a ton of bricks. She's getting help from a social agency where she lives, but things are up in the air until she's ready to be released from the hospital. At that point I'll have a better idea of what I can do to help re bills, car, etc., etc.)

Is she depressed? Yes. Is she moaning about how unfair life is? No. You see, she's been in desperate situations before and has always been able to find a way out. She will this time too. As long as she has the will to fight, she has and will get through her problems.

We don't have debtors prisons in America. There are always ways to get help with financial and other problems if you're willing to seek and accept help.

You need to get out of this funk you're in.

Quit spending so much time here on IWeThey. It doesn't seem that our advice to you is doing much good. In fact, it seems to me that it makes things worse because you feel the need to justify your position.

You need to talk with someone that can shake you out of your mindset.

Go to church this morning and talk with your pastor after the service. Tell him/her you're depressed and you can't seem to see anything good about your situation. Tell him/her you don't know how the future is going to work out. Accept his or her help. Take their advice.

Stop looking for a magic wand (college classes, a job, better medical treatment, winning a lawsuit, etc.) to wave all your problems away. Life is full of problems and you're going to have problems all your life. We all do. You've got to find a way to work your way through them.

You're not going to get a job by bombarding companies with resumes. You're going to get a job by figuring out what you want to do then finding a place where you want to work, and then figuring out what it takes to make yourself the best candidate. (That means getting to know someone at the company - most jobs are filled by friend-of-a-friend referrals, not want ads.) And doing what it takes!

Best of luck. And hang in there.

No need to reply to this. It's a new day. Make it the first day of your new beginning.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well said.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New Amen.
     Hey Orion! - (boxley) - (52)
         so...was Subway served too? What about Jared? Poor fellow. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         I'm there dude! - (orion)
         Nutrient Density - (tablizer) - (1)
             Easily solved - (orion)
         Oh Puhleeezze - (tuberculosis) - (23)
             Oh Pluuzze yourself - (orion) - (22)
                 Simple test: - (inthane-chan) - (12)
                     Yes they indeed did! - (orion) - (11)
                         Not informing != Hiding information. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                             No, the information was not available - (orion) - (5)
                                 Yer missing the point. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                     Oh so - (orion) - (3)
                                         Stay on topic, please. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Evidence - (orion) - (1)
                                                 Re: Evidence - (pwhysall)
                             Hey when yall self rightious fooks :) - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Thanks for the summary Bill - (screamer) - (2)
                                     Heh:_____ National Lawyer Day! - (Ashton)
                                     You got roads? - (mhuber)
                 Bull - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                     Re: Bull - (orion) - (7)
                         Norman - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                             Forget the doctors - (orion) - (5)
                                 Medicine isn't an exact science - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                     Re: Medicine isn't an exact science - (orion) - (3)
                                         It can always be worse. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Well said. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                             Amen. -NT - (Ashton)
         McDonald's owes me a new colon! - (orion) - (19)
             call them on the phone -NT - (boxley)
             Don't worry about it... - (hnick) - (16)
                 Once again - (orion) - (15)
                     And once again... - (hnick) - (14)
                         There is a point here - (orion) - (13)
                             Oh come now.. - (hnick) - (4)
                                 I've gotten to the point - (orion) - (3)
                                     Whatever... Cry to your lawyer. I'm done here -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                                         Can't cry anymore - (orion)
                                     Whatever you do - first change your .sig, because... - (CRConrad)
                             See above: it's passed on from parent --> child via magical - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 It wasn't brought to my attention - (orion) - (3)
                                     Ok.. - (hnick) - (1)
                                         They don't care - (orion)
                                     Didn't your MOTHER tell you fucking ANYTHING ?!? -NT - (CRConrad)
                             The degree of unawareness you claim . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Never thought about it, until it was too late. - (orion) - (1)
                                     It's not too late. You've got lots of time. Use it wisely. -NT - (Another Scott)
             A McColon? (retch) -NT - (wharris2)
         McSpotlight - (orion)
         Welcome to the idea of an "implicit warranty" - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Good McMicrosoft point: rent! don't sell__________{ugh} - (Ashton)
         OT: The Many Faces of Ronald McDonald - (orion)

That sounds like a venereal disease.
122 ms