IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 3 years of low times does not make for a downfall
The "business cycle" has been around before, sometimes big, sometimes small.

However, it is true that "the end" usually comes during the lower times. If you have a weak heart, then it is more likely to "bust" while running from a grizzly than from watching StarTrek.

Thus, bad streaks should be watched with care, but not enough to panic.......yet.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New It is when...
It is when:

I look at my daughter's S & P 500 Index fund, which is her college fund, and it's 19% LESS then when I opened it over 4 years ago, and that's including contributions...

I look at my son's S & P 500 Index fund, which is also for his college fund, and it's almost 25% LESS then when I opened it 2 1/2 years ago, and that's including contributions... (Yeah, I know: lousy timing on my part.)

I look at the primary IRA fund that I opened over 10 years ago, and it currently has about the same amount plus contributions since I opened it, meaning I've lost all "profit" that this fund has ever earned. I would have more money had I just stuck it all into a simple bank savings account.

I won't even get into the shakiness I have with my current job; I have no desire to HAVE TO look for one in today's economy.
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
     Are we at a unique point? - (drewk) - (10)
         3 years of low times does not make for a downfall - (tablizer) - (2)
             If you ask me - (orion)
             It is when... - (lincoln)
         World domination hasn't tended to last many centuries - (ben_tilly) - (6)
             "Kiddies: I barely survived the Digital Dustbowl" - (tablizer) - (3)
                 Hey, remember the late 80's and early 90's? - (orion) - (2)
                     I was talking about the stock market as a whole... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Well it feels like the early 1990's - (orion)
             Who knows, maybe India will be next? - (orion) - (1)
                 I don't think so - (tablizer)

From Cap'n Billy's Whizz Bang!
72 ms