IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Juno Mail
I don't know of any conversion programs, Juno's email file format is a bit cryptic. Best way to save the mail is to forward the important ones to a different email account. Juno forces you to use their own Email interface, or a web Interface from their juno.com website.

have her run MSCONFIG from the start menu and then disable some of the startup items and see if that makes a difference. Windows 98 has this, just have her hit the Start menu, and choose the Run command and then enter MSCONFIG into the text box and hit run. Then get to the Startup tab and have her read off the ones that are checked. Or better yet, have her disable all of them except for Scan Registry, Systray, and whatever AntiVirus software she is using. If she uses a Winmodem, be sure to keep that one checked as well. Keep the "Juno*" ones checked if they are there. See if this solves the problem.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Good thought..
She's at least responding well to sequential questions - seems problems developed when J. sent her some 'upgrade'.. Think it's time for her to get a real ISP and trash this trashy outfit.

Will pass on the mail-save idea - it has the advantage of being about bulletproof.

{sigh}

The ad-lingo on Juno site is just too reminiscent of the ad crap I received from Earthlink (which bought up my previous ISP) before I bailed: reams and reams of cutesy-toy crap - but if you wanted them to fix a tech problem, 7 different #s, none of them talking to the others.

Even when I narrowed the problem to a fscked "mail-alias lookup table" in So-Cal - they couldn't just Fix It - for 4 more days; I finally got to a Sr. Manager a mere 50 miles away and offered to drive up to Sacramento and edit this *&^$% table myself. 2 hrs. later my mail was restored. At a mere $50/hr: they still owe me ~$300 IMhO.

I expect this to be the story for millions soon - when there are only 3 ISPs left. Corp-Am Medicine - why not Everything.

Gracias,

Ashton
     Can anyone ID "Juno" ? - (Ashton) - (6)
         Juno Free Internet - (orion) - (5)
             A good start - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Juno Mail - (orion) - (1)
                     Good thought.. - (Ashton)
             Adding to what Ashton said - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Thanks - I'm suggesting she vote with her feet. -NT - (Ashton)

Real FORTRAN! Woo-hoo!
44 ms