IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Actually, different causes
The British probably smell bad because of the notariously awful British food. (Food can have a major effect on how one smells.)

The rest of Europe, I don't know about (never been there), but I know that many/most Europeans don't have the daily-shower fetish displayed by most Americans. The German exchange students we had at our high school all smelled somewhat of sweat - almost as if they didn't even use deoderant. And, as you said, the French use less soap than just about anyone else in Europe. (I don't know if there would be accurate statistics from many of the Eastern European countries.)
New Well, one reason
I've heard much of the reason for the soap statistic is that the French prefer a harder soap than much of the rest of the West.

You've heard the story of why soap is the way it is, haven't you? The makers of Ivory soap accidentally left a batch stirring too long. The stuff it made was light and fluffy. They tried pouring it into molds, anyway, rather than just toss it. It was still "soapy," but really light, and dissolved really fast. Hmm, same volume, cheaper shipping, faster usage ... Brainstorm! Now we just need to figure out how to market it. Hmmm ... Ahh: "99 and 44-100ths percent pure. It floats!"

The same ingredients, assembled without the extra-vigorous mixing, could make a bar about three times denser that doesn't dissolve so quickly. And the bit about purity having anything to do with floating? Pure BS.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
Expand Edited by drewk July 9, 2002, 07:22:58 AM EDT
New That was Ivory, not Dial
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New That's what I said
Geez, what happened to your reading skills? I might have to find a new sig now.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Tsk Tsk
View History never lies - you did originally say Dial.
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
New Yup
I figured anyone who really cared about that would know to look there. That was one of the design features of this place that everyone liked best.

I was yankin' Andrew's chain, ya-see.
===
     NEWSFLASH! the French Smell!!(bad) - (boxley) - (28)
         ROFL - (bepatient)
         Actually, different causes - (wharris2) - (5)
             Well, one reason - (drewk) - (4)
                 That was Ivory, not Dial -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     That's what I said - (drewk) - (2)
                         Tsk Tsk - (wharris2) - (1)
                             Yup - (drewk)
         Maybe southern France - (tuberculosis) - (5)
             How do you like the food so far? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 It doesn't suck - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     And they don't offer free refills on the coffee. :-( -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Thats cause its espresso style - its free in the office. -NT - (tuberculosis)
                     find some Breton or Provincael style food - (boxley)
         About "less soap". - (Ashton) - (14)
             Well, I have taken to rinsing . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Alas then.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Isn't that the car that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         squats real well in sharp left hand turns -NT - (boxley)
                         Move the lever up - (Ashton)
             Speaking of toothpaste - (wharris2) - (2)
                 still around - (SpiceWare)
                 Pump needs 2 hands, ol'Squeezytube better-IF it's a fliptop! -NT - (CRConrad)
             "Quantity has a quality all its own" - (CRConrad) - (5)
                 I don't see his logic. - (Ashton) - (4)
                     I think I do. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Not what I've heard - (drewk) - (2)
                             What I recall from high school... - (hnick) - (1)
                                 Similar to that last - (Ashton)

Calculate projected nexus.
232 ms