IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, I'm one of them
I thought I was totally f*****. I lived my life and earned my way but then I got arrested and was incredibly poor. I doubt you understand how poor I was.

But then I got an inheritance. It took 40 years. It allowed me to buy my house. It allowed me to be in a position that I don't have to worry anymore. I still have to worry a little bit, my Airbnb better pay for the expenses but I'm not starving anymore.

So I'm one of the lucky few. Thank you Dad. It took 40 years after his death. Before I got that money I had to earn my way and pay my taxes and support everybody else in the process. So I have the perspective of being grateful that my dad was smarter than me. Or at least lived his life according to the rules and left a bit for me.

Is it wrong? Should my dad's legacy been split across other people and kept me looking for a cardboard box under a bridge? I don't know. I know I benefited from it and I'm happy for it.
New Except you didn't.
Before I got that money I had to earn my way and pay my taxes and support everybody else in the process.
Your taxes are far too low to "support everybody else in the process". That's a major part of the whole problem.

Another part is of course that others' (your corporate overlords') taxes are even more far too low, and that's an even more major part of the problem. But that doesn't invalidate the fact that your -- yes, you, personally -- taxes are (and were, for all those years) also, in all probability, far too low to come anywhere near your claim to "support everybody else".
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     another sign of dotage - (boxley) - (24)
         Cheques? - (pwhysall) - (23)
             No ... checks - (drook)
             10 dollars in atm fees to take out cash from an out of state bank - (boxley) - (21)
                 is there no part of US civil society that doesn't involve you folks getting rinsed? - (pwhysall) - (20)
                     no atm fee at the bank but the bank is 412 miles away - (boxley) - (1)
                         ell oh - (pwhysall)
                     If there is, it's only because someone hasn't thought of it yet -NT - (drook)
                     That's because you have a tiny tiny country - (crazy) - (16)
                         Really? - (drook) - (1)
                             Exactly - (crazy)
                         Well that obviously makes it totally reasonable to charge $10 for a cash withdrawal - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             Mommy mommy, they're being mean to me - (crazy) - (3)
                                 "Some" is doing yeoman's work there - (drook) - (2)
                                     Yeah, I'm one of them - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Except you didn't. - (CRConrad)
                         Oh, fucking quit it with that ridiculously BS excuse for all the ways the USA is a third-world... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             Ehh, see above - (crazy) - (5)
                                 Sadly I think the ethnic background comment is the biggest issue here - (drook) - (2)
                                     Yes and no - (crazy) - (1)
                                         That sounds like "Yes and yes" -NT - (drook)
                                 Because "ethnic background" makes such a huge difference in how to use an ATM? - (CRConrad)
                                 On "small city" - (pwhysall)
                         cf Australia - (static)
                         It used to be that way across Europe - (scoenye)

Finito, bay-bee...
51 ms