That was painful.

Maybe you just want to digitize it all for eternal quick access and then take it to a local record store which is now a reselling CD store and make a few bucks.

When I was about 13, my older's brother friend was the type of person who bought a new record or five or 10 every week. I'd stop by his house a couple times of week and he would expose me to the variety of music which essentially formed the cornerstone of my musical appreciation.

He then did that again with CDs when they showed up. He replaced every record in his collection with the CD and then continue to expand.

15 years ago he digitized everything. He just continuously swapped CDs into the tray as it opened. Actually, I guess digitizing is a misnomer since on CDs the music is already digital. It's a high-speed copy at that point. It all ended up in a single high capacity external hard drive.

And then he sold me his entire CD collection for $300. I pick and chose and kept about half of it and sold the rest to a store and they paid me about 500 bucks for half of it. 10 years later I sold the rest of it (I was tired of carrying those crates around and I can get anything online I wanted anytime, at least the stuff I listen to) for another 500 bucks so I enjoyed it and made money on it.