IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A simple helmet mirror would do it
Stick it out on an arm like a bike mirror except have it within the camera's view to get the face and body.

Four of them with four cameras (or two of them with really wide angle but that would add to the computer stitching so I would use as many cameras and mirrors as possible) and you can get mostly everything. Software should be able to do the rest but that's got to be some serious compute power and algorithmic brilliance as it joins it all together, reverses for front camera, looking back at your face viewpoint, combined with flipping all the traffic and joining it with the other camera viewpoints in the non-body portion and upside down flipping your body and stitching it all together.

Hey Drook, it's a gleam in my eye. Nah, that's the glassiness from smoking pot. It's a pipe dream. But someone else could do it. I don't actually do anything anymore, I'm more of an idea rat.
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 6, 2023, 01:57:35 PM EDT
New This isn't the right use case, but it's coming
It's probably been 10-15 years since NBA teams starting ringing the arena with still cameras. When it looked like something good was happening, they'd hit the button and they'd all fire at once. Then they could rotate the view and see it from all angles.

I immediately imagined putting 4-8 cameras - video, not still - around the court and use software to simulate intermediate views. Picture they can spin a dial to select a location for a virtual camera.
--

Drew
New That's the right use case for the NBA and its fans, but...
...but for this guy and his "fans" (to the extent he has any? Apparently so), the hat-cam, possibly with mirrors, is the right use case.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Why? He already gets it done with one camera
--

Drew
New He suffers the near-intolerable burden... of holding it on a stick. The horror!
     How is this guy filming this? - (crazy) - (19)
         At ~1:30, exiting his building: "Gonna pop up my 360 camera now." - (CRConrad) - (1)
             You're crazy. And I go by that handle so I know crazy - (crazy)
         He's holding the selfie stick in his left hand - (malraux) - (14)
             And ... - (drook) - (10)
                 Cars do it in realtime. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     This isn't pro level, it's pretty much off the shelf - (drook) - (8)
                         Yeah, but off-the-shelf for luxury cars now will be... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                             I don't think that's even a gleam in someone's eye yet - (drook) - (6)
                                 Yeah, I forgot his face. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                     A simple helmet mirror would do it - (crazy) - (4)
                                         This isn't the right use case, but it's coming - (drook) - (3)
                                             That's the right use case for the NBA and its fans, but... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                 Why? He already gets it done with one camera -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     He suffers the near-intolerable burden... of holding it on a stick. The horror! -NT - (CRConrad)
             This. - (static) - (2)
                 I think your parenthesis landed in the wrong place. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Maybe "faster" was the wrong adjective. - (static)
         Totally expected comments - (drook) - (1)
             They may have being expected in common. - (CRConrad)

I promise you that if I am compelled to turn to the Dark Side on this issue you will come to yearn for the suave ripostes of CRConrad.
82 ms