IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New At ~1:30, exiting his building: "Gonna pop up my 360 camera now."
(Where "pop up" means fasten on top of his helmet?) I think the "360 [degrees] camera" he's using means something like what the "backup" (actually all-round) cameras of expensive cars are nowadays: Cameras filming all around him, combining that for the surroundings, panning (in software) to a different perspective in front of or behind where he actually is, then interpolating his body (harder to do that with a car body, not sure on this) into the end result. That's why he isn't shaky at all, as he'd be if he were filmed by someone else: The filming is done from his point of view. N.B: He isn't shaky, but there are some shimmering edges to his legs (e.g, around 1:40). Image processing artifacts from putting him into the environment, and processing the top-down view of him into a frontal one, would be my guess.

TL,DR: I think he's filming himself, from on top of his head.

ETA: Not as much of a hotshot as he likes to make himself look on film. Did he bump into that motorbike at ~5:55? Clearly a bit edited out.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
Expand Edited by CRConrad Oct. 2, 2023, 08:31:07 AM EDT
New You're crazy. And I go by that handle so I know crazy
There's no way you get the distant view of the skater via a helmet cam. I'll accept the selfie stick that has been edited out. But sometimes there are far away views. That's a goddamn long selfie stick.
     How is this guy filming this? - (crazy) - (19)
         At ~1:30, exiting his building: "Gonna pop up my 360 camera now." - (CRConrad) - (1)
             You're crazy. And I go by that handle so I know crazy - (crazy)
         He's holding the selfie stick in his left hand - (malraux) - (14)
             And ... - (drook) - (10)
                 Cars do it in realtime. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     This isn't pro level, it's pretty much off the shelf - (drook) - (8)
                         Yeah, but off-the-shelf for luxury cars now will be... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                             I don't think that's even a gleam in someone's eye yet - (drook) - (6)
                                 Yeah, I forgot his face. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                     A simple helmet mirror would do it - (crazy) - (4)
                                         This isn't the right use case, but it's coming - (drook) - (3)
                                             That's the right use case for the NBA and its fans, but... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                 Why? He already gets it done with one camera -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     He suffers the near-intolerable burden... of holding it on a stick. The horror! -NT - (CRConrad)
             This. - (static) - (2)
                 I think your parenthesis landed in the wrong place. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Maybe "faster" was the wrong adjective. - (static)
         Totally expected comments - (drook) - (1)
             They may have being expected in common. - (CRConrad)

I say your young men'll be fritterin'!
183 ms