IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The limit is what the MIL will tolerate
There's already a stool in the middle of the only clear floor space that she moves around to wherever she's putzing around. Everyplace else is too narrow to add a useful counter and still walk by it.

In theory, though, in whatever is the next house, I want to replace counters with commercial kitchen steel tables, and under them Snap-On tool chests with wood tops. Need to do some cutting? Pull it out and there's a solid work surface. Plus the ball-bearing drawers are more heavy-duty than anything you'll find designed for a kitchen. Basically the top like in the first pic below, installed like the second pic but with the steel and wood tops swapped between the cabinet and the table.

--

Drew
New I better make sure the missus doesn't see any of that...
New Ditto, here! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It's actually cheaper than a lot of actual kitchen hardware
The commercial kitchen tables especially are so much cheaper it's ridiculous.
--

Drew
New That's a great idea - especially now that colors are "in" for kitchens. Thanks.
     We can put a man on the Moon... - (malraux) - (12)
         We should use glass containers in microwaves. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Pyrex is what we use for the most part - (malraux)
         Well that's cheery - (drook) - (9)
             They do. - (malraux)
             If you're looking for space - (crazy) - (7)
                 I want that, but it wouldn't work in this house - (drook) - (6)
                     Ignore the over the sink name - (crazy) - (5)
                         The limit is what the MIL will tolerate - (drook) - (4)
                             I better make sure the missus doesn't see any of that... -NT - (scoenye) - (2)
                                 Ditto, here! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     It's actually cheaper than a lot of actual kitchen hardware - (drook)
                             That's a great idea - especially now that colors are "in" for kitchens. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

G'day, mate, throw another Mozart on the harpsichord!
75 ms