IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I want that, but it wouldn't work in this house
Our sink has an opening behind it that used to be a window to the back yard. When they put an addition on, the window came out but the opening is still there.

One of the cats loves climbing up on the couch in the next room and coming through the opening to get attention. We've had to stop putting things on the windowsill because he kept knocking them off.

A year of trying hasn't taught him to stop doing it yet, so we've conceded the point. That's his hallway now.
--

Drew
New Ignore the over the sink name
See if you can visualize placing one over the counter or any other flat space within reach in the kitchen. It's amazing how much you can pack into these things.

Got any wasted floor space? Get a rolling steel top counter with one of these racks attached to the top.

If you get several rolling counters you can swap them back and forth depending on what you're cooking that moment.
New The limit is what the MIL will tolerate
There's already a stool in the middle of the only clear floor space that she moves around to wherever she's putzing around. Everyplace else is too narrow to add a useful counter and still walk by it.

In theory, though, in whatever is the next house, I want to replace counters with commercial kitchen steel tables, and under them Snap-On tool chests with wood tops. Need to do some cutting? Pull it out and there's a solid work surface. Plus the ball-bearing drawers are more heavy-duty than anything you'll find designed for a kitchen. Basically the top like in the first pic below, installed like the second pic but with the steel and wood tops swapped between the cabinet and the table.

--

Drew
New I better make sure the missus doesn't see any of that...
New Ditto, here! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It's actually cheaper than a lot of actual kitchen hardware
The commercial kitchen tables especially are so much cheaper it's ridiculous.
--

Drew
New That's a great idea - especially now that colors are "in" for kitchens. Thanks.
     We can put a man on the Moon... - (malraux) - (12)
         We should use glass containers in microwaves. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Pyrex is what we use for the most part - (malraux)
         Well that's cheery - (drook) - (9)
             They do. - (malraux)
             If you're looking for space - (crazy) - (7)
                 I want that, but it wouldn't work in this house - (drook) - (6)
                     Ignore the over the sink name - (crazy) - (5)
                         The limit is what the MIL will tolerate - (drook) - (4)
                             I better make sure the missus doesn't see any of that... -NT - (scoenye) - (2)
                                 Ditto, here! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     It's actually cheaper than a lot of actual kitchen hardware - (drook)
                             That's a great idea - especially now that colors are "in" for kitchens. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

For Wade, it is to lag.
49 ms