IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Okay, please start thinking about a specific week
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/819154613511732728/reviews

As you can see, people love the place. And that means in a few months the next year will start to fill up. We've worked hard to be a superhost. Scratch that, M has worked very hard. I sit on my ass.

So please, no quick deadline but good to know in a couple months, what week should I block out? I have to make sure I don't rent the week that people want.

Drook: You lead the pack. You have to work around family and career schedule. I'm not sure if you want it to be a family vacation though. All are welcome. Boxley, you too. Admin: again, critical. Another Scott? I don't recall ever meeting you. Were you at a beep bash with me and I forgot? Even those who are annoyed by me might enjoy stopping by. Besides the house, I have an enormous new clean huge dry with electricity shed that contains the infrared sauna. I can fit a whole bunch of people comfortably.

Keep in mind while the rest of the country is roasting, we've peaked at 85 with an ocean breeze. It's typically 75 though.
Expand Edited by crazy July 15, 2023, 04:43:39 PM EDT
New Re: Okay, please start thinking about a specific week
I really appreciate the invitation. I'll have to pass.

No, I've never met you folks. I'm still a bit of a hermit, even after all these years. ;-)

Have a great time, and I'm very happy that your place is being recognized as a wonderful get-away!

Cheers,
Scott.
New too early for me, done working in nov will tak a few montghs to see if i need to go back
so will start looking in the spring
will bring camping gear if you are sold out
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New That's fine
I actually thought New Year's time frame is when people are planning their summer vacations unless they're a big ticket Disney type item.

And it's really up to you guys since you guys are the ones that will have to coordinate your lives around it.

Just let me know when you do or if you need to push out to the next year.
New Next decade? ;-)
New I probably won't be alive that long
New We're finally starting to talk vacation
Now trip planning is more about scouting places to possibly move after her mother passes. Since I can work remotely, we're looking at weather first. We like all the seasons, but we're tired of winter being half the year.
--

Drew
New "Tired of...?" Tell me about it.
New Ok (I know it was rhetorical, but I'm going anyway)
My wife has lived here her entire life. Every time I've suggested moving somewhere with more sun she would say some variation of, "I know you want to go back to California/Florida, but I like having all four seasons."

Last year we visited Thing #2 in Reno for Thanksgiving. It was cold but sunny. Then we came back to 5 more months of cloudy, cold, snow, slush, and rain.

Now she finally understands it can be winter without being grey all the time. And she seems to be open to the idea that it doesn't have to last for 6 months, either.
--

Drew
New I had a discussion like that with today's tenants
They're from Colorado. This guy now has a 5-year plan to move to my neighborhood. Or at least within this 40 mile rainshadow strip.

We came from Colorado!

When M said we are going to Washington I could only envision Seattle weather which is nasty. She said we were moving to Port Angeles which is where the TV show Sirens was based out of. They have lots of rainy scenes and ocean boat storm schenes. I'm moving to what?

I was shocked by the perfect weather. It is so obvious when we drive in and out of the area that when we cross the rain shadow threshold the weather sucks. We cross back into our rain shadow and it's a nice sunny day.

So anyway, he wants to be here and who am to disagree? He's now driving to the airport with his wife to then fly back home. He apologized and asked if he could leave me some pot. Sure. Who am I to disagree?
New reno was nice but with musk moving in it is way too crowded
lived there in 83-84 in lemon valley just north of reno
New Having water is nice.
Supposedly lots of people are going to be thinking about moving to the midwest to be nearer to the Great Lakes...

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, I'm depressed that I'm actually having to think about that
--

Drew
New I need ocean or mountains preferably both petty happy on the gulf of mexico at the moment
New Slow learner, is she?
(ObZinger: Duh, sorry I asked, obviously she is -- she's still married to you.)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Tell her here in Southern California we dropped Winter.
So, like in ancient Egypt, we have only three seasons. Ours are Drought, Fire, and Mudslide (punctuated by occasional earthquakes).
New Oh yeah, that'll win her over
By the way, I heard a podcast recently where they asked, "Who decided there are four seasons?" Like so much else that's widely accepted for no apparent reason, it was Western Europeans and they brought that idea with them everywhere they went.

Some places have 3 seasons, some 12 or more. Several schemes are based on migratory habits of birds, because that's their signal to plant.

But these specific four seasons, and they're based on the calendar? Like weather does what we want instead of the other way around? Yeah, that's us.
--

Drew
     Dopamine hit - (crazy) - (24)
         take one empty day a week to do deep clean, better in the long run -NT - (boxley) - (6)
             Not that easy - (crazy) - (5)
                 ok but one review about "could have been cleaner in the ???" would not be a good thing -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Oh yeah, that's when we hired someone - (crazy) - (3)
                         Be more specific please - (crazy) - (2)
                             did not ead any reviews just noted what you do not want to see in the future -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Understood. - (crazy)
         Okay, please start thinking about a specific week - (crazy) - (16)
             Re: Okay, please start thinking about a specific week - (Another Scott)
             too early for me, done working in nov will tak a few montghs to see if i need to go back - (boxley) - (3)
                 That's fine - (crazy) - (2)
                     Next decade? ;-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         I probably won't be alive that long -NT - (crazy)
             We're finally starting to talk vacation - (drook) - (10)
                 "Tired of...?" Tell me about it. -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                     Ok (I know it was rhetorical, but I'm going anyway) - (drook) - (6)
                         I had a discussion like that with today's tenants - (crazy)
                         reno was nice but with musk moving in it is way too crowded - (boxley)
                         Having water is nice. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Yeah, I'm depressed that I'm actually having to think about that -NT - (drook)
                             I need ocean or mountains preferably both petty happy on the gulf of mexico at the moment -NT - (boxley)
                         Slow learner, is she? - (CRConrad)
                 Tell her here in Southern California we dropped Winter. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Oh yeah, that'll win her over - (drook)

The little corncobs on toothpicks are particularly good.
176 ms