IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's already useful
I just listened to Seth Godin's latest podcast. He trained GPT-4 on the entirety of his blog and created a personal chatbot. He asked it several questions - the answers to be in-the-style-of him - and the entire podcast was just him reading the answers.

It clearly wasn't the most inspired writing, but little to give away that it wasn't human generated.

Then at the end he revealed that he didn't read it, either. The entire episode was narrated by a language model of his voice. I didn't have a clue. It was entirely believable.

tl;dr We can already generate reasonable answers based on specific people and have it narrated in their voice.
--

Drew
New The copied voices are ok
But if you know the person's voice well, or if you listen to them side by side, the difference is obvious.

I'm not saying that won't fool a lot of people, just that it can be detected at this point.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It's already effectively passing the Turing test
Tell someone, "Listen closely to this and tell me if it's a person or synthesized," and you'll probably get a bunch who can tell ... as well as a bunch of false positives on the real people.

But play it without prompting them to expect it and I think it's very unlikely anyone would notice. At least for non-dramatic reading of straight information.
--

Drew
New As I said, it will fool a lot of people
There are companies like play.ht that can do similar things, and in multiple languages.
Regards,
-scott
New Not Welsh, I'll bet :-D
--

Drew
New You'd lose that bet.
Regards,
-scott
New Well that's incomprehensible
But then, it's a different language.
--

Drew
     An alarmist take on the state of the art - (rcareaga) - (16)
         Make the next few years good ones. - (malraux) - (15)
             Yeah, it doesn't have to be excellent to scam people. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                 Training is cheap now too. - (malraux)
                 Samsung beat them to that punch... - (scoenye)
                 It's already useful - (drook) - (6)
                     The copied voices are ok - (malraux) - (5)
                         It's already effectively passing the Turing test - (drook) - (4)
                             As I said, it will fool a lot of people - (malraux) - (3)
                                 Not Welsh, I'll bet :-D -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                     You'd lose that bet. - (malraux) - (1)
                                         Well that's incomprehensible - (drook)
             language tokens &c - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 Oh, they don't need thought or planning to be dangerous. - (malraux) - (3)
                     best description of ITIL I have seen yet - (boxley) - (2)
                         😂 -NT - (malraux)
                         Then ISO 9000 to thoroughly document the impersonation -NT - (drook)

“How do you tell when you’re out of invisible ink?”

- Steven Wright
107 ms