IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For those of us who get different cars maybe every 18-22 years...
Having a non-distracted pre-delivery inspection and feature tutorial can be very helpful essential, but rare. Lots of things can change over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjnHJUhTIc8 - yeah, it's clever and makes sense.

It took me a long time to figure out how to open the gas filler door on the Kia Soul I rented about 5 years ago. There are many potential ways to waste a lot of time on unfamiliar transportation devices!

One of my favorite grade school teachers had a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix. Huge land yacht! It had door handles with no obvious grips. How to open it? It turns out, one had to use one's thumb to push on the end part of the handle, then the longer lever part would pivot out and give one a place for fingers to grab and swing it out enough to disengage the door catch.

I have no idea what one would do for a Tesla and similar things now that have completely flush door handles if the remote dies or there's something wrong with the electrical system and one needs to get inside...

Cheers,
Scott.
New I've bought a whopping two cars new (to me; used ones) in the last 11 years...
...and in my life. Both VW Group products, a 2009(?) SEAT Exeo and a 2014 VW Tiguan. (I've also owned, as I think I've mentioned here, an old Volvo for over half my life -- but I never bought that one, got it for Christmas when I was fifteen.)

First thing that came to mind looking at that pic was "That looks like you push one end in so the other plops out". Like, how the fuck else would it work?
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     needed to make a long drive and needed more room than my miata so rented a vehicle - (boxley) - (19)
         :-) - (Another Scott) - (5)
             you need to take out the back seats per manual to get to that latch -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 Isn't it enough to just flip down the backrests? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     An emblem is not a handle - (drook)
                     For those of us who get different cars maybe every 18-22 years... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I've bought a whopping two cars new (to me; used ones) in the last 11 years... - (CRConrad)
         I once had to jump the battery on my A8 - (malraux) - (12)
             my miata battery is in the trunk, luckily the 2002 has a lot of mechanical featues latch in armrest -NT - (boxley)
             Guess where the battery for a Porsche Cayenne is. - (static) - (10)
                 I'm the original VW Beetle it's under the *back* seat - (drook)
                 Terminals under the hood. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     Other fun ones - (drook) - (6)
                         what year model buick ( just inherited one) -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                             Century, she had it when we got married, it was used when she got it, probably 90-92 -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                 thx mine is a 2003 lesabre fingers xed -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     That's a grampa car, which ... checks out -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                         drother have a linckum but the price was right -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             and learning about the car, the battery is under the back seat with the fuse box - (boxley)
                     Nice. - (static)

"I have Mountain Dew, and crab juice."
"Ugh! Gross! I'll take a crab juice!"
44 ms