IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I once had to jump the battery on my A8
Used A8, I had no experience with them before.

The trunk was electric. The battery was in the trunk. Cue shenanigans.

This was in an airport parking garage so tow vehicles couldn't fit.

Eventually the jump assist vehicle driver clipped one alligator to the lead of one of the interior door lights, and the other to a long screwdriver that he could barely reach the alternator with. Unbelievably poor design.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New my miata battery is in the trunk, luckily the 2002 has a lot of mechanical featues latch in armrest
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Guess where the battery for a Porsche Cayenne is.
Under the driver's seat! You need to remove the seat to get to it; I can't imagine how Porsche says how to jump-start it.

(I'm a bit of a fan of Youtuber Tyler "Hoovie" Hoover - he had a Cayenne with lots of problems* some years ago. * Yes, I know, Hoovie always has cars with problems...)

Wade.
New I'm the original VW Beetle it's under the *back* seat
It's easy to pull out the seat, but still ...
--

Drew
New Terminals under the hood.
It looks like jump starting it isn't a big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgipEB8IQCI

Replacing the battery probably is, but they probably want you to take it to the dealer for everything anyway. :-/

Wasn't there a Chevy Monza or something that required that you had to take off the motor mount and transmission support to drop/raise the motor enough to change a rear spark plug?

Ah yes, yes there was...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Other fun ones
My wife's Buick Century had rear brakes that had a custom tool to recess the pistons to do a brake job. You literally couldn't do that job without the custom, single-purpose tool.

And you had to remove one of the front wheels and driveshaft to access the oil filter.
--

Drew
New what year model buick ( just inherited one)
New Century, she had it when we got married, it was used when she got it, probably 90-92
--

Drew
New thx mine is a 2003 lesabre fingers xed
New That's a grampa car, which ... checks out
--

Drew
New drother have a linckum but the price was right
New and learning about the car, the battery is under the back seat with the fuse box
there is a positive lead to the engine compartment so that helps. Oil change, radiator flush, and new tires then take it on a short road trip
New Nice.
So someone actually thought of that. :-)

Wade.
     needed to make a long drive and needed more room than my miata so rented a vehicle - (boxley) - (19)
         :-) - (Another Scott) - (5)
             you need to take out the back seats per manual to get to that latch -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 Isn't it enough to just flip down the backrests? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     An emblem is not a handle - (drook)
                     For those of us who get different cars maybe every 18-22 years... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I've bought a whopping two cars new (to me; used ones) in the last 11 years... - (CRConrad)
         I once had to jump the battery on my A8 - (malraux) - (12)
             my miata battery is in the trunk, luckily the 2002 has a lot of mechanical featues latch in armrest -NT - (boxley)
             Guess where the battery for a Porsche Cayenne is. - (static) - (10)
                 I'm the original VW Beetle it's under the *back* seat - (drook)
                 Terminals under the hood. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     Other fun ones - (drook) - (6)
                         what year model buick ( just inherited one) -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                             Century, she had it when we got married, it was used when she got it, probably 90-92 -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                 thx mine is a 2003 lesabre fingers xed -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     That's a grampa car, which ... checks out -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                         drother have a linckum but the price was right -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             and learning about the car, the battery is under the back seat with the fuse box - (boxley)
                     Nice. - (static)

This sort of marketing only works with clothes, oddly enough.
64 ms