IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's worked for me.
Accent upon: a clear discrimination among countless random 'wants' and some reasonable facsimile of actual? 'need' (modified by the occasional.. Oh WTF, why not?) Life IS, after all about Exceptions [Captain Picard Vol I.] and spontaneity is a deadly price ever to pay for umm 'logical conformity' 24/7.

Frankly too: the scary idea of "giving up" all that stuff: is equally a Red Herring. Once you take personal inventory and discover (don't know how to put it Universally) "what you love VS sorta like" - the triage is not at all unpleasant - it could even be called exhilarating! tossing those useless boxes of saved stuff.

As always YMMV.

Bon appetit y'all. (One lives longer eating small portions, it is said)

Ashton
New Supporting link.
You may not care for the sponsor, but the [link|http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020701/12333_1.html|message] is right on target.
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
New See whatcha mean ;-)
Well, even GE has to get it right, sometimes..

Now then, cutting out that one manicure/ week saved me $27K ??! - Wow! now I can spend it. But wait, where did it go?

(Is that the corollary of: "Hey! it's on Sale; Look at how much I'll *save* buying this ____")

We have to Face It: we're All bloody good rationalizers - A+

I wonder if the $29K for COFFEE - was at current Starbucks prices forever, otherwise pretty impressive if the # comes from integrating ascending costs over an actual 30 years.

Anyway - a good sample of the Magic of compound interest (too). But then, so was I one who enquired about the share cost of Sony Corp, early-on.. found it was about $1/share. Neglected to buy some.

So what do I know?

Ashton
     401-Ks - Are they still worth it? - (tjsinclair) - (18)
         Does your company match any? - (bepatient) - (2)
             Yes...6% -NT - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                 Then you should... - (bepatient)
         No, talk to your bank - (orion) - (7)
             Sorry to disagree... - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Just my luck I had the rat's *ss 401K program - (orion) - (2)
                     Tax deferred - (kmself) - (1)
                         Thirty years is a long time - (orion)
             My 401K allows fixed investments - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                 Re: My 401K allows fixed investments - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Ditto - (ben_tilly)
         Remember two things. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             This is good advice - (tjsinclair) - (5)
                 Basic savings advice - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                     As always - (tjsinclair)
                     It's worked for me. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Supporting link. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             See whatcha mean ;-) - (Ashton)

This is where the night goes from "we had fun" to "mistakes were made," isn't it?
43 ms