IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Homeloan settled...!
So now, for the first time ever, I'm the sole mortgage holder of a home loan. I had one with my ex about 12 years ago but we both had income. I've shared one with my brother-in-law for 6 years for this place and now I've bought him out and it's _m_i_n_e_... :-D

Well, mine and the bank's.

Yeah, yeah, took me a while. And yeah, owning versus renting here in Sydney is better in a lot of ways mainly because it gives the resident lots more rights over their home.

Wade.
New renting from the banks is always better than other landlords congrats!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
Expand Edited by boxley Aug. 12, 2021, 09:12:02 AM EDT
New Excellent news. Congratulations!
New All right!
Now, pay more than the minimum when you can to bring the day the bank is out of the picture closer.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Oh yeah. Will be doing that!
I was essentially making a bit more than one extra payment a year on the last one and I suspect this made just enough of a difference that the bank accepted the refinace numbers.

Wade.
New Congrats, incredible feeling
I remember my first closing. My 1st wife screamed and cried hysterically the entire time. I spent months before it under high stress and my eye fluttered constantly uncontrollably. The only time that ever happened was when my father was dying.

I had no idea if the loan was going to come through up until a day or two before the actual closing.

And I didn't even want that house, she made me buy it.

Second closing was a little better. It was way too much house for me but you're supposed to buy for the future when your career is ramping up. It was in the neighborhood that I grew up, same model, one block behind and so I had the emotional connection and I really wanted it. So I had this incredible house and absolutely no money to maintain it. Back in those days I mentioned how wonderful it was and how close it was to transportation and city center and people told me to go f*** myself because houses cost so much everywhere else in comparison.

It probably took three or four years before my income crossed the threshold of being able to live there without fearing every mortgage payment.

I am now looking for a house. In another state that I've never been in. Trying to remotely set up contracts. I'll be going out there in a couple weeks. Here comes the stress. I just blew three grand on a failed purchase.

If people Google me they see some serious s*** and maybe they don't want to deal with me. I should have googled this guy. The homeowner I was about to make an offer to was arrested and might not make it out of jail and it's really tough to buy a house from someone in jail. I should have googled him first and stayed away.

Take care
Barry
New The place has felt like mine for a while.
But the finances are all a bit simpler now. And the broker's company will stay in touch for re-financing options every few years, too.

Also sorry you've had recent bad luck in your purchase.

Wade.
     Homeloan settled...! - (static) - (6)
         renting from the banks is always better than other landlords congrats! -NT - (boxley)
         Excellent news. Congratulations! -NT - (Another Scott)
         All right! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Oh yeah. Will be doing that! - (static)
         Congrats, incredible feeling - (crazy) - (1)
             The place has felt like mine for a while. - (static)

There might be poisonous gnomes hiding behind the furniture and I can't take that chance.
72 ms