IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks for the props..
Odd that a search--maybe for 'Chinese railroad workers in US', The NO-Chinese-admitted piece--xenophobia so MANY have died-from--since the Beginning of this bastion-of-"Liberty via Liars-in-charge".
Likely you're aware of the several, periodic PBS programs (as seem part of a long-running meme: just HOW dastardly HAVE the vox populi treated? EVERY new-group (Not: WASP/blue-eyed-or-aging White supremacists); our Basest-bases from the Get-go here; as popular as Grand Theft Auto ..the daily version of Your Sig (which I have lifted n-tiimes, 'sourced') and maybe a quip re Asimov for those deemd unfamiliar with him/or even the genre (!)

Which prompts: Ray Bradbury's thin little book, With Cat for Comforter [I don't collect the n+jillions of cat-books: I grok-to-Fullness that, these authors Like. Them.) But this little book was given by a fellow cat-lady, no Sci-Fi delver--that misnomer; it's simply-Literature, when it's Good. Duh. *Below, an Intro-¶ relevant only to Cat-people.

We be inundated hourly, so oft with made-up Ticklers for what proves to be {somehow an Ad-for-Something) or just ..fact-flatulence. In no previous Times was there such a LOUSY Interesting!/B.S. ratio than--thanks to Techno-runamuck--Now, I wot.

(I write-stuff mainly (not an original realization) to find out what I think-I-Think.) Well aware that my cup-of-Zyklon-B may interest 0, mayhap too-often. (I cheat: because of Scott's virtuosic Indexing+Search: IWE is a handy repository re other uses for my/your-all fulminations--elsewhere. Heh.)

* Intro excerpt [The illustrations by Louise Reinoehl Max are beyond 'precious']

"The genesis of this book was one morning just before dawn six months ago, when I lay slowly waking to the sound of three tea-kettles simmering. Or, to put it another way, to the hum of a beehive in summer.But then, finally, to three cats running their motors at half-throttle, The sound was so pleasantly reassuring that it almost lulled me back to sleep. Comforting was the word that entered my head. And then comforter--which propelld me out of bed full-tilt to get to my typewriter before the poem--for that was what it was--melted. Five minutes later, all these lines were done and I headed back to join my cats in their twenty-hour marathon of kip and snooze.
How many cats have there been in my life? Not enough. But a rough figure would be thirty-five or forty, one or two at a time, " March 9, 1997

(Then goes on re a summer in Paris)--thirteen kittens bursting-forth, etc.--with his young daughters. More good stuff in France, re 'Pacifism', a witty riposte etc. Title, of one painting-like pic:
And now and now
alive, alive, alive

{One should not awaken sleeping cats--abruptly. If necessary (?) only gently and slowly} I accept this advice, given that cat-dreams are as unknown to us as any Idea like, "Let Freedom Ring".
Would that I could, make poesy re ..that awakening one early-AM, to a weight on my face, finding #1-Cat-Ever, Squeak had contorted-self hilariously: in order to put his cheek on mine. Obviously Ray B. knows exactly what I Mean.

Collapse Edited by Ashton May 14, 2020, 05:50:23 PM EDT
Thanks for the props..
Odd that a search--maybe for 'Chinese railroad workers in US', The NO-Chinese-admitted piece--xenophobia so MANY have died-from--since the Beginning of this bastion-of-"Liberty via Liars-in-charge".
Likely you're aware of the several, periodic PBS programs (as seem part of a long-running meme: just HOW dastardly HAVE the vox populi treated? EVERY new-group (Not: WASP/blue-eyed-or-aging White supremacists); our Basest-bases from the Get-go here; as popular as Grand Theft Auto ..the daily version of Your Sig (which I have lifted n-tiimes, 'sourced') and maybe a quip re Asimov for those deemd unfamiliar with him/or even the genre (!)

Which prompts: Ray Bradbury's thin little book, With Cat for Comforter [I don't collect the n+jillions of cat-books: I grok-to-Fullness that, these authors Like. Them.) But this little book was given by a fellow cat-lady, no Sci-Fi delver--that misnomer; it's simply-Literature, when it's Good. Duh. *Below, an Intro-¶ relevant only to Cat-people.

We be inundated hourly, so oft with made-up Ticklers for what proves to be {somehow an Ad-for-Something) or just ..fact-flatulence. In no previous Times was there such a LOUSY Interesting!/B.S. ratio than--thanks to Techno-runamuck--Now, I wot.

(I write-stuff mainly (not an original realization) to find out what I think-I-Think.) Well aware that my cup-of-Zyklon-B may interest 0, mayhap too-often. (I cheat: because of Scott's virtuosic Indexing+Search: IWE is a handy repository re other uses for my/your-all fulminations--elsewhere. Heh.)

* Intro excerpt [The illustrations by Louise Reinoehl Max are beyond 'precious']

"The genesis of this book was one morning just before dawn six months ago, when I lay slowly waking to the sound of three tea-kettles simmering. Or, to put it another way, to the hum of a beehive in summer.But then, finally, to threecatsrunning their motors at half-throttle, The sound was so pleasantlyreassuring that it almost lulled me back to sleep. Comforting was the wordthat entered my head. And then comforter--which propelld meoutofbed full-tilt to get to my typewriter brfore the poem--for that was what it was--melted. Five minutes later, all these lines were done and I headedback to joinmy cats in their twenty-hour marathon of kip and snooze.
How many cats have there been in my life? Not enough. But a rough figure would be thirty-five or forty, one or two at a time, " March 9, 1997

(Then goes on re a summer in Paris)--thirteen kittens bursting-forth, etc.--with his young daughters. More good stuff in France, re 'Pacifism', a witty riposte etc. Title, of one painting-like pic:
And now and now
alive, alive, alive

{One should not awaken sleeping cats--abruptly. If necessary (?) only gently and slowly} I accept this advice, given that cat-dreams are as unknown to us as any Idea like, "Let Freedom Ring".
Would that I could, make poesy re ..that awakening one early-AM, to a weight on my face, finding #1-Cat-Ever, Squeak had contorted-self hilariously: in order to put his cheek on mine. Obviously Ray B. knows exactly what I Mean.

"The Cataclysm Sentence" (an R. P. Feynman adventure in What? IF?.. as cannot fail to confound) - (Ashton) - (8)
         What was Feynman's answer? -NT - (drook) - (7)
             "No dessert -unless you eat your spinach.." I heard once.;^> -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                 no pudding if you dont beat your meat -NT - (boxley)
             All right, I thought someone would let you know. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 Tattle-tale! - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Well, I concluded that drook was not going to do the homework. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         All I could find were references to the podcast - (drook)
                         Thanks for the props.. - (Ashton)

The LRPD is never wrong.
93 ms