(LRPee-onD: "Minimal oversight is seen as more expensive and odious than frequent disaster.")
As all sentient ones have converged upon> the root-causes plus the added Putin-playbook: Continuance of Subversion of the U.S. by Mitch+Menace et alia--succeeding.
What must be sheer Madness, today--as. if. all the above were moot--redounds-in-idiocy, such as Reply just below the Money-quote in that link:
I agree with the President. I'm really tired of doomsday democrats. For one thing, stress reduces our ability to fight off pathogens.

(Which may be yan Proof: All generalizations are false (including this one)). The Real-est 'root cause' of everything Coming --->
is the millions who are Just Like This Example. (noting, natch the utterly self-cancelling 'logic' of the mindless)

I don't see even a glimmer-of-Hope that
1) Anyone in the WH has the Guts to make Amendment 25 Happen, ergo
2) Millions of heaped, dead, soon-to-be-burned in pyres, bodies ..appears unStoppable.
3) The prospects of any-form-of Election /'election' in Nov dim by the hour. The faux-'election' (or its Indefinite Postponement)
--as DJT's default when, 'a landslide-for-Me' appears evanescent.
4) There is no 4. Maybe 2nd Amendment? were there any Heroes extant, still.
(Mobs converging on WH? machine-gunned to "save them from 'infection'"-perfect DJT logic.

As in final days in Berlin 1945: the still-living may well find selves envying the already dead. Hyperbolic? "We'll See".
You Cannot execute n! asinine actions-in-succession) and anticipate Pollyanna-on-a-prancing steed: riding in with the Seventh Cavalry, now can you?
[Am glad I have my metaphysical shit ~together] ... my blood Px is normal, despite this Soap Opera with the mangiest-plot, submerging all Hollywood RR-movies.
The Bard tried to reveal this Truth: "It's all Theater!" Innit?
BUT... there's Always ... ... the utterly-Un-expected! :-)